Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vinny

A tale of two smokers

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

In 2005 my wife bought me a Bradley electric smoker (I already had the weber SM for many years, but wanted something for occassions where I didn't have time to tend to the Bradley).

For a quick set up, and absolutely no tending, the Bradley was pretty good. So, when time was tight, and I had to run errands while smoking, I used the Bradley, on exactly three occassions, and it performed admirably for what it is (though my heart was always with the Weber and I felt like I was cheating on my wife when I fired up the Bradley).

Well, less than 1 year after I got the Bradley I went to use it and the smoke generator had stopped working. I tried to call, but it was a weekend, and they do not have customer service on weekends. So I e-mailed Bradley, and asked them for assistance. Jess responded back several days later and told me to call them between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. PST on weekdays, so they could try to troubleshoot the problem. Sorry, but I work during the week, and don't have time to spend with some canuck on the phone during the work week. So I bagged it. So, I smoked three meals at a cost of about $100 per meal.

Meanwhile, after years of use, I bent two of the bottom vents on the Weber. I called them late at night on a Sunday, waiting approximately 30 seconds on hold, and a woman answered. She registered the SM, and sent me the vents for free. Then, we got to talking, and she registered my Performer, my two smokey Joes. We also discussed my 20+ year old Kettle which was on its last legs. She was American, pleasant, and addressed my problem without a single glitch.

A few months ago, I was having a problem with the performer. It would not light. I turned off the gas, and lit it manually (it was cold outside). On a recent warm day, I went out to inspect it. The hose to the regulator assembly had dug into the metal end, by the burner assembly and was leaking. Today, I got around to calling Weber. Again, an American woman, that spoke imbeccable English, picked up the phone within 30 seconds of my call, and pleasantly assisted me with the issue, resolving it by telling me that the part was still under warranty and would ship in a few days. I took the time to tell her that Weber has been the best company I have ever dealt with, she thanked me, and said, we are here until 11:00 p.m., 7 days a week if you need any additional assistance.

I was a Weber fan before I ever made a call to Weber. Have been a fan my entire adult life. If they keep up the good work, they have a loyal customer for life.

At Weber, we believe everyday is a good day to grill, so we stand ready to answer your questions and impart advice from 7am to 11pm CDT/CST. Call us at 1-800-446-1071, and one of our grilling experts will be there to help you seven days a week.

Same here. A door for the WSM that I bought without one-free. A Kettle lid-the performer lid with the thermometer-45 bucks shipped.

The 22 inch WSM is here and all Weber prices just went up a bit. the verdict on the 22 inch is "eh, ok".

I uncovered the Performer this morning. Just looking at it made me run to the grocery and buy some chicken thighs.

I don't really care for gas as you all know but the in laws have a top of the line weber, and it cooks very nice.

WEBER!

That is one company that has its act together....all of their premium stuff is made in the USA...there cheapo stuff in China...but hey some folks are on a buget.

I have a 22" One Touch Gold and a Genesis 320 for grillin during the week.

If I didn't do the slow low thingy so seldom I would Buy a WSM in a heartbeat. For the 2-3 times a season I have the time....I like the challenge of using my ECB....However I have replaced the fire box with a Weber Smokey Joe.