Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BsCbandit09

Ponds in MA, South Shore area

13 posts in this topic

im just wondering if anyone knows if DW pond in brockton still produces trout. i wanna try my luck

my local honey pot is not giving me what i want.

ill be using spinning abu ulltra cast its 6'6" i have some mepps that i like to use and i have a few yamomottos that i can try for bass. any help will be greatly appricaited. thank you

Check the states website for a listing of all ponds,lakes and streams that will be stocked this spring. Im not aware of it being stocked but it could be??? I def. don't think it produces hold overs though...

I've never seen trout in DW before, and I haven't seen it on the stocking list.

I've bass fished there, and it used to be good.

By the way, the Randolph Rezzy has monsters in it!

Moog

View PostI've never seen trout in DW before, and I haven't seen it on the stocking list.

I've bass fished there, and it used to be good.

By the way, the Randolph Rezzy has monsters in it!

Moog

haha randolph res is my honey pot haha but i was ever so nicely kicked out

another good place around there is presidential pond.

try whitmans pond in weymouth. if you need directions or a fishing buddy for the day, pm me.

i also caught 2 rainbows and 4 brookies yesterday in walpole on the neponset river. pm me for the good spots. also a good spot for bass

View Posttry whitmans pond in weymouth. if you need directions or a fishing buddy for the day, pm me.

i also caught 2 rainbows and 4 brookies yesterday in walpole on the neponset river. pm me for the good spots. also a good spot for bass

ill deff shoot up that way ive heard good things there. i can always use a buddy to fish with, shoot me a PM when ever.

How about Massapoag in Sharon?

I was there for the first time about an hour ago. The only access seems to be at the boat ramp, and it is crawling with Go-Away signs. One sign says "For Sharon residents and their guests only."

How do foreigners (other Taxachusetts taxpayers) get to fish the lake, or can they?

Ya, no one's nice about kicking you out of the Randolph Rez. I remember the days when they left you alone. There used to be guys fishing there, and even parked their cars there too.

No more!

You have to walk down the right side. There's a ton of spots to fish from with different bottoms, rocks, and vegetation. There's also some great wild blueberries there too.

No fishing allowed there.

If you keep walking, you'll hit the Braintree Rez.

No fishing there either.

Monsters.

Lake Massapoag in Sharon requires a sticker to park there. A non resident sticker for the season is around $75.

There's not many places to fish along the shore. It's not worth the $75 unless you're going to launch a small boat.

I fish there frequently and do very well.

There's good carp fishing in the Charles river in Dedham. Lots of spots to fish in.

I found some great places by Google-ing the maps for the local area. It showed all the bodies of water, and I looked them all up.

Lot's of fish around here.

Hi, Moogie,

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know. This is the first year, in almost 70, that I have fished freshwater and it will probably be the last. Parking and access are real hassles at most of the stocked ponds I've been to: "No Parking," "Parking for Vehicles with Boat Trailers Only," "Private Beach," "Residents Only," etc.

I'm back to waitin' for the stripers...