Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SurfGuy85

Little Neck Bay

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

looking to take the kayak out to LNB soon, from what i remember parking isnt a problem untill may 1st however im curious if one needs a permit to take any sort of water craft into those waters.

if you're talking about the parking on the cross island you need a permit or you need to rent a boat from them. Or, you can just park at totten and enter the water from there

Don't even try it in Great Neck Estates. The cops there have been ticketing non-residents for just WALKING thru the park. It's a damn shame that a few rat-bastages ruined that access spot for the rest of us mad.gif

good link on kayak launch, as for a parking permit....unless they changed the rules from last spring and all the prior seasons, the non permit people can park there untill May 1st after which point a parking permit is strictly enforced. idk if anyone has made a treck out there for early season bass just yet but il be heading over some time soon.

tight lines.

View PostDon't even try it in Great Neck Estates. The cops there have been ticketing non-residents for just WALKING thru the park. It's a damn shame that a few rat-bastages ruined that access spot for the rest of us mad.gif

Actually it was only 1 person that ruined that area for the rest of us. Someone we all know wrote the story and included a map of that area which was printed in the Fishermen newspaper more than a few years ago. After the story with map was published the access we all once had was and still remains gone forever.mad.gif

View PostActually it was only 1 person that ruined that area for the rest of us. Someone we all know wrote the story and included a map of that area which was printed in the Fishermen newspaper more than a few years ago. After the story with map was published the access we all once had was and still remains gone forever.mad.gif

You're right....I remember who that was mad.gif Sad thing is, I live in Great Neck and can't fish there. I even rode my bike there a few nights last year and the GNE cops threw me out every timemad.gif Bastages

View PostActually it was only 1 person that ruined that area for the rest of us. Someone we all know wrote the story and included a map of that area which was printed in the Fishermen newspaper more than a few years ago. After the story with map was published the access we all once had was and still remains gone forever.mad.gif

anyone got the article id like to read it

View PostDon't even try it in Great Neck Estates. The cops there have been ticketing non-residents for just WALKING thru the park. It's a damn shame that a few rat-bastages ruined that access spot for the rest of us mad.gif

guy it wasnt fisherman ....it was the young rich kids who constantly smoke weed there and break beer bottles ....