Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Modem Problem......

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

Every night, I shut down my computer.....in doing so the Toshiba modem (PCX1100U) I have also gets powered down.

Every morning, I turn everything back on. Log on, etc......I can browse the web for about 20 minutes, and then I will suddenly lose my connection for about 2-3 minutes......the center light (Has 'Cable" next to it) on the modem goes out for about 20-30 seconds, and then starts blinking slowly for two or three blinks, and then blinks really fast for about 30 seconds, and then goes on steady......and my connection is restored.

Only happens once a day about 15-20 minutes after I power up, and then it is fine all day.

Modem problem, Comcast issue, something else? Modem is about 5 years old, but this has been happening for a good 16 months now.......

View PostWhat's a modem? headscratch.gif

You know, that thing between the ethernet card and the cable outlet on the wall............small black box, has lights on the front, a couple/few cords coming out the back.........

View PostYou know, that thing between the ethernet card and the cable outlet on the wall............small black box, has lights on the front, a couple/few cords coming out the back.........

OH, yeah, I probably gotz one of those. Teknologiez and all. freak.gif

All I know is mine werks. cwm27.gif

View PostEvery night, I shut down my computer.....in doing so the Toshiba modem (PCX1100U) I have also gets powered down.

Every morning, I turn everything back on. Log on, etc......I can browse the web for about 20 minutes, and then I will suddenly lose my connection for about 2-3 minutes......the center light (Has 'Cable" next to it) on the modem goes out for about 20-30 seconds, and then starts blinking slowly for two or three blinks, and then blinks really fast for about 30 seconds, and then goes on steady......and my connection is restored.

Only happens once a day about 15-20 minutes after I power up, and then it is fine all day.

Modem problem, Comcast issue, something else? Modem is about 5 years old, but this has been happening for a good 16 months now.......

modem could be on the fritz btw, similar thing happened to our optimum modem, also might be the signal into the house have them send a person to look at it

16 months of dropping the signal every monring? you are a patient man

its your provider in a state of disbelief that anyones still on dial up. they blitz out your modem and renew IP every day just to mess with you icon14.gif thats my guess

View Postits your provider in a state of disbelief that anyones still on dial up. they blitz out your modem and renew IP every day just to mess with you icon14.gif thats my guess

sounds like an initiation of force to me. No?

Signal to the house is fine.....have had a cable guy come by for some other issues with the cable TV (which have since been resolved), and the signal is strong....of course, when I asked him about this problem he said :Oh you gotta get the internet cable guys".......union rules, I suppose......rolleyes.gif

Anyway, called Comcast about it, and they were no help...

As far as being patient, yes I am (isn't that evidenced here everyday? wink.gif), and I just walk away and go take a leak or make breakfast or something for a few minutes......

If the cable company owns it, have them come out for a service call to check it out. I know Cablevision doesn't charge if it's their equipment that's buggy.

You could also ask them if you can bring it in and swap it for a new one, if they have an office close by. That may be a quicker, more convenient way for you.

View Postsounds like an initiation of force to me. No?

bigtime

the dialuppers could get together and grow their own modems beers.gif

or p31 space demodulators

Steve, the modem doesn't use much juice, try leaving the modem on and see if it still does this when you turn your computer on/off.

BTW - it's definitely an initiation of force cwm13.gif

TimS