Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Olbarny

WTB -Harnell Rod

9 posts in this topic

I know this is a long shot....er, very long shot, but here goes. I have a friend who just picked up a pristine Penn Squidder and, for whatever reason, feels that there's only one rod which has ever been made which will bring out the best in his Squidder.rolleyes.gif So, if anyone has a really nice 10' conventional Harnell (model 542) which they're willing to part with, please respond with asking price. Thanks.

You're friend has the right idea. I have a 542 with a newell'd Squidder 140.heart.gif

I wouldn't sell it at gunpoint. Good luck in your search.

View PostI have two in my cellar. Not real nice but for a couple of plugs they are yours. Are you on Long Island for pickup?

Let me find out what he has to offer in the way of plugs, mine are pretty much run of the mill $5-$10 stuff and half of them have been chewed upon by some toothy bluefish.....not much interest to anyone who's a serious plugger. As far as picking up in Long Island, I'll leave that to him. With all the searching he's been doing for a 542, I suspect he'd be happy to drive out for pick up. Again, let me see what he has. Thanks for getting back and for your offer.

View Posthttp://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=564171

Take a look at this thread. I do not want to waste his time. Not looking for much in the way of lures. Rods will have to be stripped and re-wrapped.

Thanks, I'll have him take a look. I know he's looking for something in really great condition. Since he hasn't been able to find anything so far, it would seem that the wise thing to do is to take you up on your offer and have these made pretty by a local rod builder. I'll get back. Thanks for the pics.

View Posthttp://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=564171

Take a look at this thread. I do not want to waste his time. Not looking for much in the way of lures. Rods will have to be stripped and re-wrapped.

He's going to take a pass on these.......glad to see you have an "I'll take them". Thanks for your offer.smile.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0