Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surf Hunter

Why no love for CA?

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

I have been pondering this lately, I personally love living in California, true many laws suck here, but when i compare them to say NJ, we look a little better, hell, CA gun laws are more lax then NJ.

Why do you guys hate us so much? headscratch.gif Have you even ever been here before to see how nice it looks?

View PostI have been pondering this lately, I personally love living in California, true many laws suck here, but when i compare them to say NJ, we look a little better, hell, CA gun laws are more lax then NJ.

Why do you guys hate us so much? headscratch.gif Have you even ever been here before to see how nice it looks?

cwm27.gifmoon.gif

08252006.jpg

CA gun laws are more lax then NJ.

If so, (and I would dispute that), not by much. Even CT. is better than CA when it comes to guns. I can buy an AR, and we have no magazine restrictions. Yet. California has more gun hoops to jump through than a circus clown.

Kaliforinia: A stunningly, beautiful state ruined by an amazingly ****ty Gov't. frown.gif

ah. CA is better than NY, NJ and D.C. when it comes to gun laws.

you can get CCW in CA (depends on where you live).

you can get pre-ban off-CADoJ-list EBR's too.

lots of hoops to jump through.

+weather is better in CA than NY, NJ or D.C.

+girls are much better looking in CA than NY, NJ, or D.C.

-the commie fruitiness IS a little weirder in CA than it is in NY, NJ, or D.C.

The truth is somewhere between the way some Californian's act and the jealousy brought on by those not living in Cali makes some people hate the place...

Personally, I don't hate any of the States in the US.

John

View PostI have been pondering this lately, I personally love living in California, true many laws suck here, but when i compare them to say NJ, we look a little better, hell, CA gun laws are more lax then NJ.

Saw poll results on CA desirability.

Now about 43% of Californians say it's a great place to live.

In the 70s about 73% said that.

Big drop.

I live on another planet compared to many others.

WHERE you live in CA makes a BIG diff.

East coast NJ weather ain't for me.

Been there done that growing up on LI NY.

Too cold.

I like heat.

Dry heat.

Great roads here for riding motorcycles.

I shoot guns legally on my own property.

In CA, I can't get the pistols I want.

Firearms purveyoys have to meet DOJ test criteria, an expensive process.

One way the CA legislature restricts firearms ownership.

View PostWhat did I miss?

Who's hating on CA?

Lots of folks, i see threads here all thee time as and soon as someone mentions CA (even if that was not the topic) others say, "sell it to China" or hope it falls in the ocean" you know, stuff like that.

I like it here, I hunt and fish, registered gun owner etc.

Actually, my last pistol was a breeze to buy, went in, filled out a form, took the hand gun test, back ground check and payed the man. Went back in 10 days and picked it up. All in all, took about 20 minutes of my time. wink.gif

View PostLots of folks, i see threads here all thee time as and soon as someone mentions CA (even if that was not the topic) others say, "sell it to China" or hope it falls in the ocean" you know, stuff like that.

I like it here, I hunt and fish, registered gun owner etc.

Actually, my last pistol was a breeze to buy, went in, filled out a form, took the hand gun test, back ground check and payed the man. Went back in 10 days and picked it up. All in all, took about 20 minutes of my time. wink.gif

Although ya gotta wait to get your new gun after the check and paperwork, ya still get it.

IF it's on the DOJ approved list.

VARIETY and MAKE of firearms for sale in CA is shrinking.

having been there ....

the beach is on the wrong side

Why anyone should have to wait 10 days to buy a new gun, when they already possess guns, is beyond me. shakehead.gif In CT., you have to have a pistol permit to buy a handgun, but once you have the permit, 20 minutes after you buy a handgun, it's yours. wink.gif

And Kalifornia is in the process of gradually, by increments, phasing out lead in hunting & shooting, for 'environmental' reasons. kooky.gif

If I did'nt like guns & shooting, I could deal with Kalifornia. I'd love the weather for bicycling. I'm starting to think of buying a little farm someplace hot, dry, with lax gun laws. Texas, maybe.

Personally I really liked the rural areas of CA, just hated the urban ones. Anything along 395 on the eastern side or above Jenner on the north coast.

Whats the deal on property taxes in CA these days......werent they frozen years ago due to a ballot proposition? And if they still are, is that the primary reason for such high state deficits?