Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goddi69

center console on skiff

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

anyone ever put a center console on a aluminum skiff, nothing big because i know space is an issue. im just sick of tiller steering. iwant a wheel and i dont like side steering. oh it is an 15 foot crestliner, i will be looking for a used 25 horse motor,

In a small boat like your 15 footer, I think a steeering console takes up too much room. Plus they are usually too low to be comfortable. Why don't you get an extension tiller? It will allow you to sit more forward in the boat, which will trim the boat better. Plus you'll be able to run the boat while standing, or sitting. Tiller steering also allows you to turn the boat quickly, which is important when operating in shallow rocky areas; the perfect place for a liitle skiff.

Valentine

I'm sure that it can be done .and nicely on a 15' boat too . does your boat have a deck already? if so it's easier you could attach a fiberglass or composite console with fasteners to the existing deck . or deckless fabricate your own console and either attach to aluminum stringers and fasten to boat with rivits or directly to hull with same system . Very simular to the side mount way of attaching console to hull . Good Luck and don't forget the pictures .