Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emil

Surf Fishing in Puerto Vallarta

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I am planning on visiting the Puerto Vallarta, Mexico area in May for a week or so with the aim of fishing the coast surfline. I am finding it very difficult to get information about the area, specifically the smaller towns and the quality of fishing there. At this point I am planning on staying in Yelapa and I have also been looking at Tehuamixtle area. I will not have a car, so will need to be in a place where I can fish within walking distance of my accommodation or if possible get dropped off by boat close by. I live in South Africa, so I'm not too familiar with the type of fishing i should prepare for. I mainly fish with artificial lures and would like to target Jacks, Roosterfish and any other fish caught in this area on artificials.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Emil

Welcome to the site. Unfortunately, the only things I know about Puerto Vallarta I learned from The Love Boat, so I can't really help. There are a few guys who fish in Mexico, though-- High Plains Drifter comes to mind. I'm sure someone that can help will weigh in when they see the thread.

Good luck.

View PostLeave room in that surf bag for extra ammo!!! I hear the natives are getting restless!!

Its supposed to get worse down there for American tourists...The government still urges folks to vacation here.