Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
j0k3r

P-Line Copoylmer

22 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience with this line coated with fluorocarbon? I want line with reduced stretch but low vis, combining qualities of mono and braid, while not sacrificing the ability to use it on a spinning reel, since 100% fluoro does poorly on spinning setups. I'm picking up some 8 lb test for finesse fishing some senkos, light spinnerbaits, etc. Currently using 8 lb Trilene XT and the line twist is incredible.

If I like p-line I might want to switch my other setups over as well from mono, and keep some power pro setups only on my heavy frog and jig baitcast setup.

I don't know if this will help or not but....

I just bought some P-Line CXX in 15# test tonight. It was so coiled and twisted I didn't even fill my spool with it, I just took it off. I read some reviews on it, and people really liked it in the lower weights. It seems very strong, I may keep it for leader material.

I ended up spooling up with 15# Trilene Big Game, which went on like butter compared to the CXX. I went to 3 stores tonight looking for Sufix Elite (my preferred line) in 14# but none of them had it.

View PostAnyone have any experience with this line coated with fluorocarbon? I want line with reduced stretch but low vis, combining qualities of mono and braid, while not sacrificing the ability to use it on a spinning reel, since 100% fluoro does poorly on spinning setups. I'm picking up some 8 lb test for finesse fishing some senkos, light spinnerbaits, etc. Currently using 8 lb Trilene XT and the line twist is incredible.

If I like p-line I might want to switch my other setups over as well from mono, and keep some power pro setups only on my heavy frog and jig baitcast setup.

Have you thought of switching to braid?

View PostI don't know if this will help or not but....

I just bought some P-Line CXX in 15# test tonight. It was so coiled and twisted I didn't even fill my spool with it, I just took it off. I read some reviews on it, and people really liked it in the lower weights. It seems very strong, I may keep it for leader material.

I ended up spooling up with 15# Trilene Big Game, which went on like butter compared to the CXX. I went to 3 stores tonight looking for Sufix Elite (my preferred line) in 14# but none of them had it.

TBG and CXX are 2 of the thickest mono's out there. "Strongest 20lb line ever" cause it actually breaks at 33lbs LOL TXT is right behind those other 2.

Compare mono/copoly's by diameter - not rated breaking strength.

Throwing spinnerbaits on 8lb test is unnecessary and will lead to hours of aggravation.

I use the 20lb pline CXX on my buzzbait rod becuase it's so "thick and chewy" that it won't dig in the spool or get kinked.

I don't know how to post it but I asked a question a long time ago about P line and got some good responses. You should be able to search for it. I think my question may have pertained more to higher lb test line but I don't remember... It was one of my first posts.

Personally I use 8 to 12 lb cxx on my spinners and i have had no problems.

View PostTBD and CXX are 2 of the thickest mono's out there. "Strongest 20lb line ever" cause it actually breaks at 33lbs LOL TXT is right behind those other 2.

Compare mono/copoly's by diameter - not rated breaking strength.

Throwing spinnerbaits on 8lb test is unnecessary and will lead to hours of aggravation.

I use the 20lb pline CXX on my buzzbait rod becuase it's so "thick and chewy" that it won't dig in the spool or get kinked.

It does seem like good line, I was frustrated from not being able to find what I wanted. I always look at the diameter, which is another reason why I bought it. I believe the Big Game is the same diameter as well. (for 15#)

Oh, and I was putting it on my Curado E200. As soon as I let off any tension it would spin about 8 loops free on the spool. (the spool wasn't moving) Maybe it's better after it's had a chance to sit "tight" on the spool for a while?

i used P-Line last year on a few of my reels, and this year on one of my spinning setups.. 8lb test and i love it.. never gave me an issue yet, maybe you had a bad spool of line..

View PostHave you thought of switching to braid?

I appreciate all of your responses. There is just one thing, power pro = braid, which I have used and will use in the future for frogging and jigs. I also stated that I wanted the low visibility of fluorocarbon combined with the low stretch of braid. So yes, I have considered braid. wink.gif

As far as the thickness, I did notice just how much thicker CXX is than mono of the same lb. test, so I decided to go with plain 8 lb P-Line CX, not the "extra strong" line since this is for a small spinning reel.

Jerry, I'm happy you like the setup, that's the one I'm going to be trying out. I'll let you all know next week.

View Posti used P-Line last year on a few of my reels, and this year on one of my spinning setups.. 8lb test and i love it.. never gave me an issue yet, maybe you had a bad spool of line..

Nope that's the way it is. The longer it sits on the narrow spool of the reel the more slinky-like it will become, as well.

Now somebody will chime in with "soak the line overnight" and it will be ok.headscratch.gif If you don't like the way a certain line handles keep trying there are good ones out there.

I don't have any trouble fishing 6-8lb mono (copoylmer) on 2000 size reels and the only other line I fish on spinning is 4000 size reels on which braid which is my senko heavy weed, meat stick.

If I want to fish heavier line I use a baitcaster w 17-25lb copoly, the 20lb CXX on my buzzbait rod, and 60lb power pro for floating rats.

If your using any lure that twists a lot like a spinner or a phoebe make sure you use a swivel or a snap of some sort. This line gets line-twist like crazy. I don't think I'll be using it again back to the drawing board. Wish I could just use braid like saltwater but the water I like to fish is pretty clear.