Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bayside Arty

BM question

13 posts in this topic

Just wondering What the small BM pencil popper is worth nowa days. I dont think Iv ever seen one in the BST. and I think Bobby hasnt made them in 10 yrs or so Not that im gona sell any just curious

Thanks in advance

Arty -- If you're talking about the really little popper, I'd guess that they're worth somewhere in the range of $50. That seems to be about the going rate for BM plug types not made in recent memory (greater than 5 years). I think plugs like that are a tough sell because they don't look like very much, I mean they can't be more than 4" in length, right? I collect BM's in only a few colors and I have some of the hard to gets like the Donnie 3oz metal lip and a plug like that attracts interest just because of it's sheer presence and size.

That said, though you're not interested in selling any of what you've got, on a given day we've all seen it, the plug that should be worth $50 gets sold for $40 or even less. I collect Parrot-colored BM's and it's funny to me that some of the odd-ball mackerel paint schemed plugs, well I've gotten those for less than the regular plugs of the same type and size.

Do you have one in Parrot? If so, please post a photo, I'm missing that one redface.gif

Sweet pencils! You could definitely get considerably more than $50 for that if you ever decided to sell it. His jr's and cowboys in good colors are going for $50-$60 these days and his pencils are much much harder to find. Keep it, or better yet fish it!

Ok I have that one, I thought you were going to make me drool.gif over one I didn't have. Nice plugs though, the chartreuse/orange is not one I have seen much of.

It's a shame those BM pencils aren't heavier, unless they're a different size than mine which are maybe 2oz, probably less. 2.5-2.75 would be an excellent size.

I thought the same thing when I got 'em. They are just a hair under 2 oz.

View PostIt's a shame those BM pencils aren't heavier, unless they're a different size than mine which are maybe 2oz, probably less. 2.5-2.75 would be an excellent size.