Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HOCKEYDAD

Legal question

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

OK so I signed my son up for a summer stay-over hockey camp based on recommendations from other people who had previously attended. I knew (thought I did) who would be in charge and running it and my son had some prior experience with them as coaches. I filled out the form on-line and did my initial payment. Since I did this, the structure of the organization and their web site have been revamped. They have a new director and instructors. I know relatively nothing about them. Should I be able to get a refund of my initial deposit based on the fact that the organization has been restructured and what I expected is no longer reality?

Read the small print of what you signed, its unlikely you'll get a full refund, perhaps a partial? I don't think because personell changed is a reason that they will accept as your wanting out, I know if I was running the camp you'd be screwed. They never guaranteed any specific trainer and I don't see them as guilty of anything except trying to better their organization, now you want a say in who they employ?

If I buy a ticket to a Yankee game and Jeter doesn't play should I get my money back? I don't think so. If I go to a restaurant and the head chef is off that night, do I get a refund if the meal isn't the same as it usually is. Its called life, thats the breaks. I see no action by the hockey camp that changes their program other than the folks they employ.

If your not concerned about his well being, I'd stick with the program and let him experience for himself what is good or bad. If you feel his well being is in jeopardy for some reason, I don't care who's in charge, bail out and take the loss.

Good points......He'll be going. It will be his first experience on his own without us. It's not far so if anything comes up I can be there within 10 minutes from work.

Dad, how old is your boy, if I may ask. My son will be a second year PeeWee and has never been away from us. (I would have sent him last year, but my wife has major issues...this is one of thembiggrin.gif )

If you're talking about the Greg Carter camp at Lawrenceville, what have you heard about it? I'd like to send him to the West Point camp, but for his first sleep away, I might be able to sell Lawrenceville a little easier.