Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dabigstriper

First Good Day

8 posts in this topic

Got out again today at the boat ramp. Couple strikes and almost had one. put up a good fight until my stupid berkley sentation snapped. worst line ever. Just good to get back out. You guys have any luck lately?

thanks for the report. i was gonna try that sensation line, but its good to hear firsthand that its crap before wasting money and losing fish due to it. what pound test was it by the way?

i was out last saturday. couple taps, nothing was actively feeding though

Last Saturday: 4 bass to 1.5lbs on a 1/8oz chart/black spinnerbait med. retrieve over 2 ft of water. I really am stressing clear water and plenty sunshine as a successful formula for hitting those fish that are venturing into the shallows looking for forage and bedding pre-spawn. Looking to get out this weekend, as 3-4 days of sunshine will work to heat up the water.

hey joker im hearin sat sun and sunday cloudy for the weekend........goin out with my boy sat afternoon hopefully we can land a few........lake has some really deep spots prob go with spinners along shore lines and crank and jerkbaits in the deeper areas

View Posthey joker im hearin sat sun and sunday cloudy for the weekend........goin out with my boy sat afternoon hopefully we can land a few........lake has some really deep spots prob go with spinners along shore lines and crank and jerkbaits in the deeper areas

Hey Vic, I'm seeing mostly sunny in my parts for Saturday. Given 3-4 days of constant sunshine this week with 45-50 air temps I think you'll do well this weekend. Saturday is definately going to be the best day by far. Early spring you have to pick your battles and what days to fish. I think pre-front conditions are the best. Sunday supposed to be rain so I think sat. is perfect, as the fish are going to sense the change and get a bit more aggressive in feeding. Your game plan sounds solid. Deeper water- slower presentation, I like rapala suspending jerkbaits a lot. I think for the most part you'll catch fish more consistently in the shallows. It's a good move to fish past noon as the water warms considerably. Med. retrieve on 1/8-3/8 oz. spinnerbaits should do the trick. Clear water and plenty of sunshine, as I said in my previous post. Good luck and give us a report when you get back. shaky.gif

will do and yea bout the water temp i agree figured fishing in the afternoon would be a better option.....i heard rain for sunday as well ....have a good one

tight linesshaky.gif

Vic weather update, I think the front is passing us completely, no rain or anything the next 5 days. Lots of sunshine, today high 40's then Sun-Wed temps in the 50's with 60 on Wed. I will be fishing every day next week. wink.gif Shallow water is going to warm considerably from all the sunlight, and that's where fish are going to be.

View Postthanks for the report. i was gonna try that sensation line, but its good to hear firsthand that its crap before wasting money and losing fish due to it. what pound test was it by the way?

i was out last saturday. couple taps, nothing was actively feeding though

yea the line streches alot. too much. it was either 8 or 10 pound test. i took it off and threw it out so i dont remember. sorry. but do not buy it. i got a free 200yd spool from american fisherman or infisherman. dont remember. figured i try it. if you want a good line buy suffix elite or siege