Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surf Hunter

April 12th fling..Whatcha brining??

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

So, with the fling coming up, I figure we should decide what we need to bring. I have never been to that spot so I don't know if there are charcoal grills available or not.

Shannon and I will bring the Party Pagoda (pop up canopy) ice chest with beers and probably some bottles waters, plastic spoons, forks etc and napkins. I'll also probably bring a meat something or other for the grill. wink.gif

I'll bring a couple marinated flank steaks and some beers beers.gif

Spot looks pretty fishy so I'll definitely bring some gear and bait too.

BTW I think I see one BBQ near the two benches in the grove of cypress on the left side of the beach. Google map link in the sticky'd fling thread.

View PostI'll bring a couple marinated flank steaks and some beers beers.gif

Spot looks pretty fishy so I'll definitely bring some gear and bait too.

BTW I think I see one BBQ near the two benches in the grove of cypress on the left side of the beach. Google map link in the sticky'd fling thread.

Bait? We gotta work on that. biggrin.gif

Haha yeah I'm a fan of actually catching fish. But casting over and over and over is great fun too cwm13.gif

Perhaps a nice new shiny surf hunter plug will get me more in to plugging??? cwm40.gif

WOW, i knew something was up when i decided to log on here today "I feel like an OUTCASTfrown.gif". Can't make any commitments til' i see my schedule for next month. i hope can make it.

View PostWOW, i knew something was up when i decided to log on here today "I feel like an OUTCASTfrown.gif". Can't make any commitments til' i see my schedule for next month. i hope can make it.

Better let us know soon as it is almost sold out. If you get a check out to Tom for the 100.00 entry now it will reserve a spot but ya better hurry wink.gif

View PostHow are we working out the parking, since it's very limited, and possibly picking people/gear up at the top of the hill. headscratch.gif

Great Idea, post you cell number and we can call you for taxi service! cwm40.gif

Actually, we are probably gonna have to do something like that eh?

View PostGreat Idea, post you cell number and we can call you for taxi service! cwm40.gif

Actually, we are probably gonna have to do something like that eh?

Kayaks from the mother ship? beers.gif

I am just the reservation getter so here is what I know.

There are 4 vehicle passes. Actually 3 as one belongs to me biggrin.gif

I have the gate combination also. The hours are 9am to 10pm so I will be there at the gate at 9 and can give passes to the other three vehicles then so we can ferry the other people down . There is some parking near the gate . If you get there later you can either walk down or call one of us to come up and get you.

The people going need to get together and decide who is going with who and who is bringing what cause that's not in my job description ( I think it's Toms )

It's a short walk from the parking down there to the Day Use area and there are tables and a grill like the one at Baker.

For more info ask the coordinator

I call one pass biggrin.gif

Shannon and I will be there at 9am with you Moocks cause we will have a mess of big stuff to off load.

Since it is a short walk to the site, do you think it would be ok for folks to drive down, off load then park up top? That may make things really easy.