Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HalG

Wall Mounted Horizontal Rod Display Rack..

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

My ceilings are not ten feet. Need wall mount esthetic display to hold one piece 10 -11'rods with surf spinning reels.Ideally woukl like a quality system to accommodate 3 combos , be made of wood and esthetic . Any suggestions. as to where I might find one . Don't tell me to fabricate one because I have no power tools, and no talent. Wally World and the like are not in the mix. smile.gif

Look up Du-Bro Track-A-Rod.

I don't know what you consider aesthetically pleasing-- these use a metal track that screws into the wall, with ring-type holders that slide into the track.

I think they run about $20-$30.

Wood coat racks can be bought at and big home improvement store. Mount them vertically on the wall at each end. You can stain them to match your exsisting furniture or trim

View PostWood coat racks can be bought at and big home improvement store. Mount them vertically on the wall at each end. You can stain them to match your exsisting furniture or trim

Not whatI had in mind but definitely a clever idea. Thanx. smile.gif

i don't think i'm allowed to give the specific name of a retailer, but the company that calls themselves the "worlds foremost outfitter" has a solid oak (6) rod rack that i think sells for $19.99. They always put them on sale and the last time they had them for $12.99, i bought three of them (i have a 6 1/2 foot ceiling in my apt. so they all have to go horizontal)

i couldn't use the mounting screws they supplied because i have metal studding, but even so they were easy to get on the wall. they're nice looking, very sturdy and all the holes are covered with green felt to keep from scratching anything. i was going to make something up myself, but i don't think i could have come in under $40

(make sure you order the horizontal ones.)

i think the guy 4 posts above me is mentioning the same racks.

View PostMy ceilings are not ten feet. Need wall mount esthetic display to hold one piece 10 -11'rods with surf spinning reels.Ideally woukl like a quality system to accommodate 3 combos , be made of wood and esthetic . Any suggestions. as to where I might find one . Don't tell me to fabricate one because I have no power tools, and no talent. Wally World and the like are not in the mix. smile.gif

Hey HalG, I had the same problem so i went out and purchased these racks, most tackle shops carry them, They come with rings and clips and are fully adjustable but you can only mount 4 rods and reels comfortably. Here is my setup.This on my living room wall!beers.gif

View PostHey HalG, I had the same problem so i went out and purchased these racks, most tackle shops carry them, They come with rings and clips and are fully adjustable but you can only mount 4 rods and reels comfortably. Here is my setup.This on my living room wall!beers.gif

Thanx. From your pictures and the spacing of the rod brackets it almost looks like the rods are flexing mid point or so. It has been suggested to me to utilize a third support bracket for rods 9 feet and greater, Just a thought Beachwarrior, smile.gif

View PostHey HalG, I had the same problem so i went out and purchased these racks, most tackle shops carry them, They come with rings and clips and are fully adjustable but you can only mount 4 rods and reels comfortably. Here is my setup.This on my living room wall!beers.gif

If that's your living room, you're either single or the ****ing man.

Either way you have my envy.

View PostIf that's your living room, you're either single or the ****ing man.

Either way you have my envy.

Well wiseguy, my wife loves that I fish and she supports me. Did you notice the Zeebaas on the bottom rod? She got it for me as a gift!! (zx25)beers.gif

View PostWell wiseguy, my wife loves that I fish and she supports me. Did you notice the Zeebaas on the bottom rod? She got it for me as a gift!! (zx25)beers.gif

Well then you're definitely the man.

Congrats!

View PostThanx. From your pictures and the spacing of the rod brackets it almost looks like the rods are flexing mid point or so. It has been suggested to me to utilize a third support bracket for rods 9 feet and greater, Just a thought Beachwarrior, smile.gif

I agree, those rods are bowed.

Instead of a third rack, just move the one on the left more towards the middle...

Chris

View PostI agree, those rods are bowed.

Instead of a third rack, just move the one on the left more towards the middle...

Chris

I was thinkin' that same thing, or maybe a nail in the middle of the rods to rest on to evenly distribute the weight?beers.gif