Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ganderhead

Redington CPX rods

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hi.

Has any1 ever had his / her hands on one of these?

Hard to find any information / reviews as they are quite new.

A mate of mine fishes a CPS [CPX´s predecessor] which is an excellent rod.

According to what I know now, the CPX must even be better?!

In contrat to that, some other people stated the CPX is far too hard and doesn´t have the feeling of the CPS any more.

Any comments welcome,

Marc

why not call Redington/Sage and ask? At least find out how it differs graphite, seat, guides, and actions from the earlier rod. Ask them what was upgraded and why they felt the need to make changes to what generally was highly regarded and did well against more costly top of the line competition. See the yellowstone angler 8 wgt shoot out on google.

just realized your friend has one. Cast his and then cast the new one at a shop and compare. If you find its not too stiff or whatever, great. If you dont like it, call Reddington for possible sources and hunt on line as well. Large retailers like cabelas may have a small inventory, too small to put in catalogs. happy shopping!

I fish the CPS in a couple of different weights. I really enjoy casting them and they seem to fit my stroke well.

I haven't gotten to cast the CPX yet. I've also heard it is faster then the CPS. If you cast the CPX and find you like the CPS better, you're in luck.

I saw quite a few places that had CPS's a great discount prices. There still should be a few shop with remaining inventory.

hi.

tks for the replies. btw saw there was another thread on the CPX, next time, i`ll search first ... ;-)

@ greenie:

as I live in germany calling sage would be kind´a expensive ...

@ stonefish:

see above: i ´ll probably not be able to get my hands on one of these as there is just one dealer here in germany (and of course, he´s located in the opposite direction).

tks,

marc

Gander,The CPS is on sale at cabela's. I'll bet they would ship to Germany. The price and inventory looks great, especially since a tax might get added by German Customs.

Or keep an eye on the Big Auction Website That Begins With An E. There have been a fairly steady trickle of closeout CPS's trading over there at very attractive discounts to the original retail price.