ooOO that smell

Rate this topic

shante

Patrick, OMG I almost agree with you. This is a double trajedy, first the rape and then the mother now in jail all because of a human pig. There is one major screw-up here that is far and away worse than everything else : What the **** was the courts thinking in reducing his sentense to only 9 years and the releasing him on leave?! after only 7? Seems to me the mother has a counter suit in that if the court had done its job properly the ****bag would have still been in jail all safe and warm where he belonged. Well, actually I'm sure he's warm now, he he he. Still he would never had been able to mentally/emotionally torture the poor victims mother like that if justice had been really done. This is not vigilantism. The woman was provoked, mentally and emotionally tortured by this fiend and suffers from a mental illness all brought on by the dead pig. The mother is the victim here. Not guilty by reason of insanity. Give her counciling and let her go.

So, let me get this straight.

Because I don't have children, I won't applaud someone going outside of the law and brutally murdering someone? Or is it because I believe that revenge doesn't solve the issue?

What about all the parents of child victims that haven't burned their child's rapists? Does that make them bad parents or simply civilized people?

Just makes them less opportunistic in my view.... given the opportunity, I don't think anyone that I personally know that is a parent that wouldn't act in a similar fashion.

The guy is a rapist. Any punishment short of death is not justice as far as I'm concerned. It took the victim's mother to mete out the justice that was deserved. that is what is just a shame.

perhaps someday when you have kids of your own Patrick, you will understand....although based on your posts, I doubt it.

View PostJust makes them less opportunistic in my view.... given the opportunity, I don't think anyone that I personally know that is a parent that wouldn't act in a similar fashion.

The guy is a rapist. Any punishment short of death is not justice as far as I'm concerned. It took the victim's mother to mete out the justice that was deserved. that is what is just a shame.

perhaps someday when you have kids of your own Patrick, you will understand....although based on your posts, I doubt it.

Right, because everyone has this murderous rage built up in them. Being angry is one thing. Taking someone's life is another.

I think if you look through history of all the children who have been violated, you'd see more of them are on my side.

Another thing I find funny is all the people saying, "You're not a parent, you don't know... blah blah blah". Well, you aren't the parent of a raped child, so you don't know and have no more of a right to put down my thoughts than I do yours. I think it's all a bunch of talk.

Also, I know I don't have it in me to kill a person out of revenge.

View Post Also, I know I don't have it in me to kill a person out of revenge.

No you don't, with all due respect. No one knows whether they have it in them in a hypothetical situation. Only when the reality presents itself, will you know for sure. Hopefully you'll never be in a positition to find out.

And I say this, again will all due respect--you have no right to claim empathy with parents until you are one.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

View PostNo you don't, with all due respect. No one knows whether they have it in them in a hypothetical situation. Only when the reality presents itself, will you know for sure. Hopefully you'll never be in a positition to find out.

And I say this, again will all due respect--you have no right to claim empathy with parents until you are one.

Ditch, you're a criminal defense attorney, correct?

In your experience, how many offenders have you defended that attacked children? Either child killers or child rapists? I really don't know what crimes you specialize in.

In all of those cases, how many parents of the victims killed your client?

View PostWhy does this always happen? Where did I compare the actual crimes? I asked what the appropriate response to each was since people aren't happy with the justice system. Why should it be just rape where people can dole out their revenge? I think if you're going to allow one, you have to allow all of them. There shouldn't even be a justice system then. Victims should be allowed to escalate the crime until it's just an all out war.

He paid his debt to society. If you don't like what his debt was, you work to change the law. You never kill someone out of revenge.

Is it fair what happened to this little girl? No, it's a despicable act and I'm not going to lose sleep over this monster dying but at the same time, I'm not going to applaud what happened to him.

So now, not only is she a rape victim but now her mom is a murderer. I'm sure it will be much easier for her live her life now.

Don't equate rape and murder to someone stealing your lunch money and you wouldn't get that type of response. Again, ALL of my sympathies to the mother and that 13 year old girl.

"One of the greatest delusions of the world is the hope that the evils of this world are to be cured by legislation."
Thomas B. Reed 1886