Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
highbars

U40 cork sealer

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

If you have cork with voids and they have been filled with filler then the U40 is mandatory. The filler will never wash out. I use it on all my factory rods (especially) because they always have filler to some extent. I also use it on my builds.

Trick is not to use more than one coat and keep spreading the qwet areas around until dry. Wipe off any areas that are still wet after a two minutes.

Herb

I don't find it to be slick at all. I take a coarse brush and load the stuff over the cork while turning it on my wrapper. I put on just enough to make it wet, but I allow it to soak in like it's supposed to. I love the stuff.

View PostHas any one used this to seal cork rings? Does it work? Any likes or dislikes

It isn't for everyone. I personally hate the stuff, and wouldn't want it on any of my gear.

Can it hurt to put it on, see if oyu like hhow it feels, andif not just sand it off with like 600 grit paper, or probably a scotchbtrite pad or some other soft abrasive?

View PostCan it hurt to put it on, see if oyu like hhow it feels, andif not just sand it off with like 600 grit paper, or probably a scotchbtrite pad or some other soft abrasive?

You can do that, but depending on how much you put on, it soaks in to the cork pretty good. One of the rods I did for myself has the stuff on it, and I put it on extra heavy, then used 80 grit to very lightly rough it up once it was dried. Worked out great and is very 'grippy'. The rod was for trout fishing while wading.