Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Governor

Ubuntu

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

So I was just on KDE and it's okay. It felt kind of sluggish compared to GNOME.

Another issue I had was finding stuff. What I like about GNOME is that everything is on a toolbar. Very easy to find stuff. I haven't really set up widgets for things and it's pretty new to me. Perhaps once I use it more things will get easier.

A lot of programs though are incompatible with GNOME. Mainly a lot of the music editing software. Mainly because GNOME uses pulse audio and those programs aren't set up for it. KDE uses something else I think.

I have cruise control.

You turn it on and go, when you get to your speed, you set it and it keeps you at that speed.

It doesn't listen when I tell it to turn. headscratch.gif

Mike installed Ubuntu on my sons computer and so far it completely rocks !

There was one bug where, after working fine for a while, it decided it didn't want to find our wireless signal any more.

Turned the computer off, plugged it into the router using a hard wire and turned it back on. It hooked itself right up to the internet and no longer has a problem with the signal, even wireless.

Easier than any fix I ever had to attempt with Windows.

View PostMike installed Ubuntu on my sons computer and so far it completely rocks !

There was one bug where, after working fine for a while, it decided it didn't want to find our wireless signal any more.

Turned the computer off, plugged it into the router using a hard wire and turned it back on. It hooked itself right up to the internet and no longer has a problem with the signal, even wireless.

Easier than any fix I ever had to attempt with Windows.

It's good stuff, right? The only thing I'm not entirely impressed with is Gimp. It's good enough for simple stuff but I still prefer photoshop.

Here is the thing. With PS, there are usually 5 or 6 ways to edit a picture and I chose to learn most of the easy ways for quicker results. Gimp has 2 or 3 ways and they're similar to PS but they tend to be similar to the harder ways. I'm just not used to it.