Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruce in RI

NON trout stocked waters in RI

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I want to fish for some sunfish now (before trout seaon) but can't legaly in waters that are stocked with trout or are "trout waters". Does anyone know where there are any places that are not stocked or designated trout waters? You can P/M me, and I'm not looking for particulars, just general areas.

Thanks!

View PostI think that closed waters are posted as trout waters. Look for the signs at access points.

You are correct. I was trying to find the trout waters by map or listing. It seems most the waters are stocked (which is good except in this case).wink.gif

View PostI think that Stump pond in Smithfield is trout free. I'm pretty sure that Wordens gets no trout either.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Still covered in ice.... My testing grounds for all prototypes. redface.gif 7 minutes from my door.

Still having to use a local river....

View PostBruce !!!

Your from Westerly! Think! Big pond by dump. Old name BURDENS. New name is on the DEM web page.

Gary

Yes, that's right.cwm40.gif Thanks for reminding me. I'll have to take a little extra time this weekend when I go to the dump (I mean "transfer station").wink.gif

I'm just going crazy and can't wait any longer to throw a fly or lure.redface.gif