Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish'nmagician

Why do Right Wing Big Government Nanny Staters

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Claim to be Conservatives?

Most Left wingers I know are very introspective, and tend to think about what their positions are. And tend NOT to self identify by sticking a one size fits all label on themselves.

Meanwhile, on the other side.... EVERYONE who votes for the GOP proudly proclaims themselves to be conservative. EVEN IF they take position after position which runs contra to classic Conservativism.

So much so that new terms are created to describe "Conservative Du Jour"

right now Conservative seems to mean "I hate Democrats and vote Republican".

its like the two kinds of sports fans i know: those who love their team, and those who hate everyone but their team.

The people who love their team know all about the game, the players, the positive aspects of their team, their weaknesses.

The people who hate everyone but their team only know cheapshots and insults against their rivals, but rarely have much to say about their own team or have the knowledge to debate the positive aspects of their team, because their so focused on how much the other teams suck.

View PostClaim to be Conservatives?

Most Left wingers I know are very introspective, and tend to think about what their positions are. And tend NOT to self identify by sticking a one size fits all label on themselves.

".

wow, most all the ones Ive talked to and dealt with were purely idealistic, never really having lived anything to earn their view points, most are rather sheltered or their education or understanding very one sided/limited/retarded (the definition of that word, not the insult...meh what ever same difference i guess), incredibly intolerant of opposing views and at their core totalitarian.

funny how it looks different through other people's eyes I recon?

I disagree whith what you said about "conservative" I think people vote against the stupidity of the democrats a lot to, actually I know they do, Im one of them. I dont disagree with you too much about what you said about republicans shifting nanny, but they did that to compete with the democrats in an increasingly growing population who feels entitled. I still think they are better than the democrats, sorry. Republicans are the doers out of the group, while they are out mending their neighbors fence, the liberal is looking out their window wandering when the government is going to show up to mend it and outraged they they arent their yet.

the libertarians and constitutionalist are fixing the nieghbors roof biggrin.gif

cwm27.gif

shante, you make me laugh....

I assure you that your hard luck story isn't isolated,

or the worst I have heard.

congratulations, you didn't succumb to failure....

and if you derive pleasure from patting yourself on the back....

continue... I enjoy the breeze.

but it just so happens that some of the most giving and helpful neighbors and friends I have... are Democrats.

and I know they are Democrats because after YEARS of knowing them... it came up.

other helpful neighbors I have.... I remain ignorant as to their political leanings.

I tend to look at people as people... and am not compelled to label them,

and judge them based on "team" affiliation.

View Postcwm27.gif

I tend to look at people as people... and am not compelled to label them,

and judge them based on "team" affiliation.

I cant tell if your joking or not. I really hope you didnt post that with a straight face.

I assure you that your hard luck story isn't isolated

I assure you that I know that, and have done a lot of work with people.

most rabid liberals Ive ever met were career college kids, sorry for my truth? lulz.

View Post

most rabid liberals Ive ever met were career college kids, sorry for my truth? lulz.

hmmmmmm,

I'd say that most career college kids I have known are vocal liberals...

but I don't know many career college kids.... I guess I don't travel in the same wealthy circles you do....

most of the liberals I know come from rather humble backgrounds...

and are hard working go getters.

but again.... I don't know the political leanings of too many people in my social circle.

View Posthmmmmmm,

I'd say that most career college kids I have known are vocal liberals...

but I don't know many career college kids.... I guess I don't travel in the same wealthy circles you do....

I am privileged enough to have kown a very wide variety of people. For that I am blessed

most of the liberals I know come from rather humble backgrounds...

and are hard working go getters.

Like I qualified in my first, "funny how it looks different through other people's eyes I recon?" remember that? a few posts up, which was a knock at the bogotry of your first post. But I said it with love. heart.gif

but again.... I don't know the political leanings of too many people in my social circle.

usually it shines through in their personality, and when the conversation comes up I was usually correct, how ever I have been surprised a few times.

but look, it is all going to be relative your your values. I am extremely unmaterialistic, unorthadoxed and independent so it is going to taint my views, same goes for you and everyone else. You started this thread with bigotry, half truths and generalizations, I came in with an alternative view and at least made the effort to qualify it and list exceptions. cause Im awesome and I play well with others.

View Post.

but look, it is all going to be relative your your values. I am extremely unmaterialistic, unorthadoxed and independent so it is going to taint my views, same goes for you and everyone else. You started this thread with bigotry, half truths and generalizations, I came in with an alternative view and at least made the effort to qualify it and list exceptions. cause Im awesome and I play well with others.

you left off irony and humor.

I started this thread to be a somewhat obvious troll in response to a similar thread started by P'Duck one floor down.

and YES interpretation counts as a lot.

you see yourself as "unmaterialistic" many vocal self described conservatives would see that as "unsuccessfull".

I buy into your definition.

I live within my means.

and don't make many purchases for show.

my car is paid in full and has 250K on it.

I would agree that's it's often EASY to peg someone....

but usually it's the loud mouths (who are often big phonies)

I do confess to being happy when I find out that the parents who I like in Little League etc. make statements which lead me to believe they are Democrats... likewise I get joy when the flaming Aholes show up with a Dubya or McCain bumper sticker.

View PostClaim to be Conservatives?

Meanwhile, on the other side.... EVERYONE who votes for the GOP proudly proclaims themselves to be conservative. EVEN IF they take position after position which runs contra to classic Conservativism.

So much so that new terms are created to describe "Conservative Du Jour"

right now Conservative seems to mean "I hate Democrats and vote Republican".

I think it might be because it's just easier to identify with a vocal polarizing position. This country is close to losing any political nuance it ever had (if it isn't a goner already)

I usually spend one weekend afternoon at the rod and gun club bar, and the conversation usually echoes Limbaugh. I jump right in and we manage to keep it somewhat civilized, but the SAMEness of the opinions is somewhat disturbing--a lot like listening to the 60's BS back in the day. The phraseology is even identical from one individual to the next.

Its much easier agree or stay quiet than it is to speak up and be accused of being unamerican or against the 2nd amendment (funny how they tend to forget about the other amendments). Or, get the blank stares when I ask "If the republican and conservatives are so much in favor of small government and liberty, why are they so obsessed with everyone's private lives?"

But what do I know--I haven't voted republican since Jerry Ford.