Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyvice11787

Do You Believe This???

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Some of the surviviors are considering suing kooky.gif!!!

Some of the 150 passengers whose lives were saved in the "miracle of the Hudson" last month are considering suing US Airways for the emotional distress they suffered.

The pilot received an ovation from both Houses of Congress on Tuesday when President Obama praised Chesley B. Sullenberger's heroism by bringing the aircraft safely down in the river on January 15. The airline, however, appears set to receive a writ.

In apparent confirmation that America remains the most litigious society in the world, Kreindler and Kreindler, a New York law firm, says it has been contacted by passengers of Flight 1549 about claiming damages for post-traumatic stress disorder.

The airline has sent the passengers a letter of apology, a $5,000 (£3,500) cheque to assist with "immediate needs", reimbursement for their tickets and a promise to be upgraded to first class on flights until March 10.

Related Links

* The miracle of Flight 1549 - all souls saved

* 'Miracle' of the flight that fell from the sky

Tess Sosa, who escaped with her husband and two small children, told the New York Post that US Airways were seeking to "exonerate themselves as much as they can" by offering passengers "a small token".

Others, however, insist they are just grateful to be alive. One, Dave Sanderson, said the airline had "treated me like gold since the incident".

* Have your say

The only thing more pitiful than this is the fact that we all knew it was coming. Suing is a time-honored national pasttime. Lawyers and greed - and of course we all know who pays......

Jerry, Gowen, MI, USA

I'm disgusted by the greed of these people and that it has blinded them to the fact of how miraculous it is they are alive; yet, heartened that there are so many GOOD people worldwide who agree that this lawsuit is frivolous and awful. Will the pilot be made to testify and feel BAD? Sinful!

ohsusieq, Sacramento, USA

I am appalled and disgusted by the greed of some people.It is people like this that cause all of us to have to pay such high prices for air travel. They ought to be ashamed!

Of course I believe it!

Folks with money took advantage of the mortgage market as well as the banks, and we will be paying for that, so when there is an opportunity to unethically scam $$ from someone, why would that be a surprise someone would take advantage?

This world really has gone to pot, and I am sorry to see it happening.

I would be so pleased if people were actually glad to have what they have, and to be kind to others, not try to exploit others.

Kreindler and Kreindler, a New York law firm, says it has been contacted by passengers of Flight 1549 about claiming damages for post-traumatic stress disorder

$100 this statement really should read the other way around. Friggin lawyers.

Folks with money took advantage of the mortgage market as well as the banks, and we will be paying for that, so when there is an opportunity to unethically scam $$ from someone, why would that be a surprise someone would take advantage?

This world really has gone to pot, and I am sorry to see it happening.

I would be so pleased if people were actually glad to have what they have, and to be kind to others, not try to exploit others.

It's the new paradigm;

Don't bother doing anything, find someone else who does something and put your leech mouth somewhere upstream. I'm advising my children to skip college and become assassins as I believe this to be a growth industry.

The real question is who can they sue. It really can't be the airline, as the crew went above and beyond to get the plane down in one piece icon14.gif. Not really the air traffic controllers, because the geese probably didn't even show up on radar. Wait, maybe the can sue the families of the geese that got sucked into the engines cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif!!!

Kriendler and Kriendler specializing in representing air crash victims. The worse is when they have someone who works off the books or doesn't declare all of their income, they attempt to show how the person made a lot more money than they reported to the IRS.

It would be interesting if the pilot, not unlike the volunteer firemen who set fires, didn't do all he could to avoid the geese.

Not too far fetched I think in light of his statements re: pay cuts and being unable to afford to continue flying.

Just sayin'

cwm8.gif

So if I hit a deer with my car, I can sue the town/state/county?????kooky.gif Those peolpe should be happy they are ALIVE! How in the world is the airline responsible for animals (birds) in the flight path anyway??? Why not just fit all passenger planes with front mounted machine guns and they can shoot anything that's in their way.

The operative letters "NYC"

The law firm said they were contacted! right. cwm13.gif Ambulance chasers.

Hi Mrs. Smith this is ABE the lawyer. Are you having trouble getting your undies clean after that water landing? I can make us both allot of money.