Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OnDFly

Jaws Blanks

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

My understanding is that the guy who is designing the JAws blanks was part of another company. He's getting them made at teh same factory as several other blank "manufacturers" in China.

The blanks are sold by ****, I persoanlly havent' seen them, but I do know tehy have been selling a lot of them...to non SOL people, lol.

Billy thanks I looked at them there ,they look like they can pull a tug. But before I try one I want to see if anyone played with one and what there thoughts were on them.

The only jigging blanks I've played with are the ones I helped Seeker design, the Hercules series, and the ones that Kil SOng has, the Jigging Masters. BOth are high wuality blanks, the Hercules have a more "traditional" action with a faster tip, and a shut off point in front of the foregrip. TEh JM blanks have the slow action many VJ'ers look for. The JM blanks come rated by jig weight, 300, 400... 600 Gram. THe Hercules blanks are rated "normal", the 60H is 40-80#, ideal 60#, and teh 60XH is 50-100#, ideal 80#. THere is also a 70H which is also 40-80#, ideal 60# for Party Boat jigging.

As far as teh JAws blanks go, I haven't heard or seen anyone up here using them, but I think Mark has sold a lot of them this year.

thanks B40 for the quick reply what caught my eye un thes blanks is the small butt diameters and the strenght they seem to have i may have to try one out for myself in the near future