Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jim11787

Rockwell Jawhorse RK9000

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Anyone ever seen or use one of these? Saw the infomercial and read reviews on Amazon, but was wondering if it's junk or not. Doesn't seem like anyone local carries them- mailorder only.

I like the commercial makes me laugh, the first couple of clips shows some guy dig an enormous hole with a shovel for a mailbox and another huge one for a fence post, his jawhorse keeps the post in place as he backfills the crater, while his jawhorse acts as a second pair of hands holding the posts in place. I'm thinking to myself what a production, why didnt this guy just buy a post hole digger, keep it simpleheadscratch.gif

Havent used one but looks very similar to the superjaws, not really sure what the differences are.

View PostPlease, stay away from mail order.... Go to the local hardware store or Lowes/Depot.

Problem is local hardware stores or Lowes do not stock it. Lowes lists it on their website, but it is a special order. I won't buy it without seeing it.

I actually saw one in a hardware store in Billerica, MA. It looks pretty well put together. I would like to see how well designed/strong the mechanism is that you push down with your foot to lock it in is. On the commercial the guy really pushes that in and I wonder how well it is made inside and how well it will hold up to pressure over and over. There are some nice things you can do with it.