Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kato95

Girl Scout cookies..

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I know it's a fundraiser but I just opened the first of at least two dozen boxes (lots of nieces and neighbors) and am amazed of how small the cookies are. I think a bailout is necessary.icon9.gif

I'm eating some right now.....while my wife (GS troop leader) and my daughter count up the money.Some are smaller and some(Thanks a Lots) look bigger.My wife was told they changed bakers and thats why some are different shapes,sizes and names.

I like to support the girl scouts, boy scouts and most of our local school clubs and teams but I gotta say that alot of the stuff they sell isn't a good value.

Having been involved in my kid's own fundraisers, I know that the companies that sell the fundraiser merchandise to organizations charge an awful lot for the stuff they sell and what you get is usually very small.

My wife and I would rather give a straight donation than buy some stale popcorn or cookies for many times what it's really worth.

Also, I hate when parents come into the office, selling for their kids.Let the kids do it on their own. I'm not saying unsupervised, but the kid shouldn't be at home while Mom is hawking the merchandise at work.

Valentine

View PostI like to support the girl scouts, boy scouts and most of our local school clubs and teams but I gotta say that alot of the stuff they sell isn't a good value.

Having been involved in my kid's own fundraisers, I know that the companies that sell the fundraiser merchandise to organizations charge an awful lot for the stuff they sell and what you get is usually very small.

My wife and I would rather give a straight donation than buy some stale popcorn or cookies for many times what it's really worth.

Also, I hate when parents come into the office, selling for their kids.Let the kids do it on their own. I'm not saying unsupervised, but the kid shouldn't be at home while Mom is hawking the merchandise at work.

Valentine

Haven't had any in a while, but did use to like the mint ones.

I agree on the above though about value and middlemen, strait donation directly to an individual troop is much more effective way to support.

I guess if one considers that they have to work a bit for the money it does have some value just with that.

When I was in scouting throughout the 1970's we had a paper drive every two months, and usually filled a tractor trailer in one day (our troop had been well known for this for a long time prior). Put us into some pretty nice gear, and also ate quite well on camping trips.

They have two less cookies in each box this year. cwm13.gif

I love the Do-si-dos with milk. If I wasn't drinking wine right now I'd scarf down the half box I have.

If you have a problem with the GS talk to FnM. If memory serves he's very good at dealing with them.