Mini Lathes

Rate this topic

TomJF

I know alot of people recommend the Jet 1220 and I checked the price of the 1220 variable speed = $600.

I have been looking at the Grizzly G0657 which is 1016 = $369, and the G0658 = $425 which is 1220. What are your experiences and opinions of these lathes? I'm also looking into the Vega 8500 duplicator which will fit these lathes.

View PostI know alot of people recommend the Jet 1220 and I checked the price of the 1220 variable speed = $600.

I have been looking at the Grizzly G0657 which is 1016 = $369, and the G0658 = $425 which is 1220. What are your experiences and opinions of these lathes? I'm also looking into the Vega 8500 duplicator which will fit these lathes.

Wow, the price on the Jet has gone crazy. I got the non veri one at Western Tool last year for $175.00.

I bought a Wilton Lathe #99177. I had it for about 6 months. Variable speed, plenty of power and well built for ~$150. Can't beat the price for the quality, plus it comes with either a 2 or 3 year warranty. My son has turned over 100 surf plugs and no issue. Also the Vega fits on it.

John

I've heard nothing but good things about the Jet. I would like to own the Jet 1220 VS ($600), but the Grizzly G0658 is similar to the Jet and cost $175 less. If the opinion is that the Grizzly is a good lathe then I am inclined to purchase it. If the opinions are there are problems with the Grizzly lathe, then the $175 difference in cost won't matter and it would be wiser to purchase the Jet. I know there are many people who own Grizzly lathes, and I would like to hear from them.

View PostI also have the Turncrafter Pro and love it. Spring for the variable speed! Have not had to move my belts once.

I don't think this pic is the Pro model ??? Is that the difference between the 2 ..

Variable speed ?

Belcher Goonfoock

Ditch Troll #2

View PostI don't think this pic is the Pro model ??? Is that the difference between the 2 ..

Variable speed ?

This is what I use. Got from Amazon good price.$188.00 free shipping.

It's not the variable speed one. I just run it at high speed for making all my plugs and it works great.

PSI TCLPRO Turncrafter PRO Midi 4 Amp 10-Inch Swing by 18-3/4-Inch between Centers 1/2-Horsepower Benchtop Woodworking Lathe

41QSEYZZFPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Matt 8:27 The men were amazed and asked," What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

View PostI don't think this pic is the Pro model ??? Is that the difference between the 2 ..

Variable speed ?

I think so. See pic. Got mine from amazon.

Thanks for taking me fishing Grandpa!
SCP - Stephen's Custom Plugs .............. (Not a company - just a mindset!)