Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingnuke

Oyster Creek ,trash and trespassing

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

To my SOL friends I can not stress enough the importance of cleaning up your trash and not ever I mean ever attempting to go on the west side of the bridge to fish.

Please remember that the property on N East side of the south bridge belongs to the company and they are permitting people to fish on it.But this can change if trash and such becomes a problem.

Great post!!!

Last year a good friend of mine and a few other friends spent a day cleaning that up when people started heading to other places to fish and ended up with around 20 Large bags of trash and that is ashamemad.giffrown.gif People get pi$$ed when a place gets shut down to fishing but don't take steps to keep the privilge to fish at these places.

It only takes a few to wreck it for the rest of us that enjoy and respect places that we fish!!!

View PostTo my SOL friends I can not stress enough the importance of cleaning up your trash and not ever I mean ever attempting to go on the west side of the bridge to fish.

Please remember that the property on N East side of the south bridge belongs to the company and they are permitting people to fish on it.But this can change if trash and such becomes a problem.

clapping.gif I don't fish there either but good advice. Your a guest on private property. They are not obligated to have you there. So be polite and follow the rules.

Used to fish there a bunch as I lived minutes away. The amount of trash generated in that one place is incredible. I pulled more crap off the banks than my family could generate in months. You guys are lucky that the discharge is there and fish can be had 12 months a year. Take care of it of face the loss of yet more fishing access. Nuke isn't kidding about the plant side of Route 9. Those guards have a lot of guns.

Cabo

Same trash problems with the Weeks Landing Rd access to the Jones Creek in Lower Township Cape May Co.

If it did not grow there and came from someplace else. Bag it and take it to a proper dump. Water access is a priceless thing.

IMHO the amount of trash is directly proportional to the ease of access. And this is not limited to local fishing spots. Same goes for our National Parks, State and Local Parks and Wildlife Management Areas. Make it tough oe expensive to get to a spot and those who fish have to work or pay to get there, have a better appreciation of what they have and treat the spot with respect. Create easy access and the slobs arrive.

^^ yeah great solution. This whole trash issue is just so much smoke and mirrors by the elitist snobs who want to turn the entire Jersey shore into a private clubhouse. It's gross yeah but so are the beaches after a busy day. That's life on the shore.

View Post^^ yeah great solution. This whole trash issue is just so much smoke and mirrors by the elitist snobs who want to turn the entire Jersey shore into a private clubhouse. It's gross yeah but so are the beaches after a busy day. That's life on the shore.

UMMMMM Yeah don't fuel there fire either!!! How hard is it to pick up after yourself? Please pick up after yourselfs it only takes a few minutes if that and few slobs to wreck access too....

View Post^^ yeah great solution. This whole trash issue is just so much smoke and mirrors by the elitist snobs who want to turn the entire Jersey shore into a private clubhouse. It's gross yeah but so are the beaches after a busy day. That's life on the shore.

So smelly, you think its ok to have guys crap all over your property at home or at your job. I don't think life at the shore permits you or anyone elese to be a slob on private property.

Yeah come on down and crap on the shore. MORONmad.gif

okay so apparently this thread is about transforming the Jersey Shore into an elitist clubhouse cwm27.gif

hey pal, why do you think TimS made this website? it's to promote the great sport of fishing for Striped Bass, not to bash people away and mark territory

some people just don't get it kooky.gif