Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfm22

Trickle UP! STIMULOUS

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

What would have happened if all this bail-out $$ went direct to each working household .

How much money would that have been per family ?

That could have been a nice Stimulous to the economy !

The auto and Banks seem to have a nack of spreading thier bail-out $$ into unknown pockets ??

This is really a joke OUR money is going Where??

Give it to the people . They can decide what to use it for.

View PostIt would have been something like 23k for each person...

Your Math Fo is weak, about $2600 for each person

(US Census ext. 305,973,941 people in US)

So a family of 5 would be 5 x 2600= $13,000

Thats $$ I could use !! Look at it as per household . How would your family benifit ?

I think it would have been more benificial to all citizens individually and collectively. Just an opinion ,thats all we have at this pointfrown.gif

I posted a similar comment to this just before the stimulus bill was passed. The simple truth is no one would be happy ......

If it was dispensed by on household, then people would be screaming that the homeless was being victimized, families with lots of children would be upset with the single person who lived by himself getting the same amount of money ..... so on and so on and so on

If it was dispensed on a per capita basis, then people would be screaming about the homeless getting the money, single people living along would be screaming about the family with lots of children getting more than them and so on and so on and so on

If it was paid out to only those people who paid income tax (That would be my choice) not just files a tax return, but actually paid Federal Taxes. There would be many people screaming how the rich are at it again and the poor and the working poor was being screwed.

But it sure is a lot of money that has been doled out and I am sure that all of it will used most efficiently and the economy will grow and everyone will live happily ever after. wink.gif

Pretty much anything you do with money puts it into circulation unless you bury it in the backyard or hide it under your mattress. If you pay off debt or even put it in the bank, it's going to get invested by the bank. If you spend it., it goes directly into circulation. It's going to change hands and circulate unless you hoard it and the inflation we're about to face is going to make that a very, very bad idea, IMHO.

What would have happened if all this bail-out $$ went direct to each working household .

How much money would that have been per family ?

What in the hell makes you think ram emanual/brakabama are going to give money to people who did not vote for him?

View PostPaying down debt or buying smokes would help the economy!

You're putting it back into circulation

the money would have to be printed first.

View Posta majority of us would pay down debt....and thus, no stimulating of the economy.

not really.

if you used the money to help pay off your mortgage, that would mean the money would go to the bank and give them more money that they could lend.

View Postnot really.

if you used the money to help pay off your mortgage, that would mean the money would go to the bank and give them more money that they could lend.

i don't think that would impact the overall economy as much as putting money into wages and expenditures.

View Posti don't think that would impact the overall economy as much as putting money into wages and expenditures.

it would get banks lending again.

or at least, could get them lending again.

View Postit would get banks lending again.

or at least, could get them lending again.

i don't completely disagree, to some extent. but remember, its not just mortgage debt. it's credit cards, student loans, etc.

giving people a check doesn't guarantee stimulus. giving money to states with strict requirements that its spent on infrastructure, wages, etc (with proper oversight) practically guarantees money put into the economy.