Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Williams

Expectations vs. Reality

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

View PostWith a few months now to reflect on things, how do you feel Obama is performing compared to expectations?

Many citizens expect conditions to improve more quickly than they will, an expectation attributable to our appetite for instant, or at least undelayed gratification.

About 2 months ago, a Congresswoman said "it's not working", to a person being grilled at a hearing on the hill.

At first I considered her statement "show" for her constituents.

But then I realized, from the expression on her face, that she had not a clue as to the dimensions, gravity, and complexity of our troubles.

Her reaction, and that of other Congressmen, is what prompted me to opine there are members of Congress who don't know that 1 billion has 9 zeros.

View Postfew?

come on, it's almost been 2 months. RW has been waiting breathlessly to post this for a couple weeks now, let him slide! wink.gif

He's performing about as well as I expected him to, but picking that option in the poll doesn't mean much without knowing what the respondant's expectations actually were. I expected the damage done by Obama's policies and inexperience to take a lot longer, but I forgot the ability of Wall Street to predict where we're headed.

View Postcome on, it's almost been 2 months. RW has been waiting breathlessly to post this for a couple weeks now, let him slide! wink.gif

Actually, I expected things to take much, much longer to go south for him after his innauguration.

By the way, I just heard a clip of him on the phone to a journalist. Man, take that guy off the teleprompter and George Bush sounds eloquent by comparison. More stuttering and uh... uhh.... I mean.... uh.... uh... than any public figure I've heard since Carolyn Kennedy.

View PostWith a few months now to reflect on things, how do you feel Obama is performing compared to expectations?

I had extremely low expectations, and he's certainly meeting them.

View PostBush was a certified moron.

Really? cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

He got better grades than the last democrat presidential candidate, and we can't tell how he compares gradewise tot he currrent president because for some reason, all his personal records, including the birth certificate, are sealed. Hmmmmmm.

View Post

He is doing fine imo.

to people who want to suckle at the government teat and leach off the labors of others, he's doing fine, but people who actually produce stuff (make America work) and have to pay for the crap given to the sucklers would vehemently disagree.

View PostWall st predicting where we are heading?

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif How many billions more are they calling for now?

He is doing fine imo.

By Wall Street, I mean the traders in the trenches that make a living off their decisions and predictions. They aren't patriots, they aren't traitors. They're just people who know what makes the economy work in the real world and who's survival hangs in the balance. Blaming them for the markets reaction to Obama's bungling is like blaming your thermometer for reading ZERO on a cold day.