Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayCo

Dry Tops on Long Island

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a good B&T or Kayak store on the isle of long that stocks drytops. I don't want to order on-line cause of sizing issues. I do want to be able to shop around and price it out cause i'm not into spending $300 to $400 on a top. Looking for something with gaskets on the neck and wrists, would love to see something with a hood. Any info out there?headscratch.gif

You can size up the items in a store and then get online if that's a concern

I picked up a dry top a few weeks ago when Causeway had a sale on all their tops

There's a few places to get them in LI - also depends on where you are - J&J is in Patchogue, Causeway in Nassau (Wantagh I think), and I'm sure that there are many more

good luck

Thanks much for the info.

I live in Brooklyn but have my family out in Lake Grove, Suffolk. Surf Fish the whole island from Breezy to MTK So i'll have plenty of time to look at places on the island.

Anymore shops out there?

View PostThe Dinghy Shop in Amityville or Empire Kayaks in Oceanside.

Good folks here!!

I have worked with Margaret a few times while doing safety support for regattas. Nice kidsmile.gif

Glacier Bay Sports is a well stocked canoe/kayak shop in Northport. They have a good selection of dry tops. The guys at Northport Rod and Reel are right next door and they carry Aquaskinz tops too.

RS

View PostCampsite in Huntington... it's on your way out to Lake Grove. 110 north. Plus you might have a rare "Crazy Al" sighting there.

Don't bring dogs into the store! He will ask to make lures out of there hair!