OMOTO SEVERO 3000 Is Heading To Alan Tani For Review Break Down.

Rate this topic

PROChallenger

View PostHi Ditch,

You should give me a call, and I will let you know.

The next time you attempt to solicit business, ask someone to email you for more info or call you for pricing, you will be removed from this site. If you want to promote your business or products here, contact me privately and we can discuss it. You are not allowed to conduct business here, not in any fashion - telling people to call you or email you is conducting business.

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

View Post*Sigh*

How much is that gonna cost? cwm31.gif

Close to a grand, if not all the way there frown.gif

But----if you wait until the spring, you may be able to pick up one of the current 4000s or 4500s at a blow-out price, as shops try to clear them out in anticipation of getting the new versions wink.gif As I understand it, Daiwa is only going to introduce those two sizes for next year in the US--release of the bigger models is supposed to be in 2012. But that could change, too. I don't know what the futre of "specialty" models like the Dogfight and EXP is.

There are thinner 40# braids out there, than Power Pro. Try Samauri if you want a plugging braid. Or you could drop down to 30#, unless you're fishing around rocks.

The bottom line is, with a reel that can hold 15# of drag all night, and a rod with backbone, there's no bass swimming that should empty 230 yards of braid on you. The world record was caught on a Penn 710 and 20# mono, and I doubt there was more than 150 yards of it on that reel.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

View PostSome showed up on ebay welll north of $1G. Wonder if shimano will 1 up saltiga in a year or so in terms of product and pricing.....

Shimano usually "upgrades" their product line every 5 years or so.

Next year is the third year for the Stella SW.

Also, the Saltigas being sold on eBay are all JDM or other Asian market reels, and the exchange rate is an issue. Right now, it favors the yen. When they hit the US market, they may run something like $999.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver