Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Worm Spawn

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I watched as 16 \\ 18 inch seaworms swam and had an orgy last night just off rockweed.

I attached a kids butterfly net to a 12' rod and picked 2 dozen out - everyone a monster select.

I am a bit amazed at the lack of preditors taking advantage of hundreds of worms screwing.

I have pics but my camera has lost the ability to identify itself to multiple computers.

When I find my card reader I'll upload some shots of worm sperm & egg jelly - sticky stuff wink.gif

View PostI watched as 16 \\ 18 inch seaworms swam and had an orgy last night just off rockweed.

I attached a kids butterfly net to a 12' rod and picked 2 dozen out - everyone a monster select.

I am a bit amazed at the lack of preditors taking advantage of hundreds of worms screwing.

I have pics but my camera has lost the ability to identify itself to multiple computers.

When I find my card reader I'll upload some shots of worm sperm & egg jelly - sticky stuff wink.gif

This is right from the shore right?

View PostThis is right from the shore right?

right off the rock shore line

1/2 tide dropping

5 - 7 feet of water

at first I snagged a few with a treble

then went to the beach proper to see if any were washing up on shore - not a one for easy picking

I do not know at what min depth they still free swam, but they swam with purpose & intent ~ up down against the wind & current

I watched them for over an hour & never saw anything molest them - not a fish nor gull.

March 1st...now we just need to get rid of this snow and open up the water ways....but before that mother nature is gonna coat us again tonight. :wave:

Cold year, the spawn will be late just like last year and will possibly thru May again.

It's early this year...I looked around the Winthrop light dock last night and there was some worms swimming.

Every year in upper Buzzards Bay...........You can almost set your clock by it..........Gulls working the flats......

thumbnail (49) - Edited.jpg