4x4 NYS Permit - No Slide Outs

Rate this topic

lijeep

I wonder what the motivation could be behind a rule like this?

I really hope that this does not become a major issue as this will seriously impact alot of people with a camper, myself included. Many campers with slideouts are designed so that you cant even access the interior of the camper without extending the slideout.

I was at a coalition meeting with Willy awhile back and he sad it will be enforced in the parking lot at the point and he didn't know how strict they would be on the beaches.Again the permit says no slide out.So they can enforce it anywhere at any time.It's really BS and hopefully maybe we can fight back against it????????.

View PostWill this include hither hills state park camp ground. I want to see the state turn away campers i a campgroup.

They have two different sets of rules which are not fair.

lijeep -

Congratulations you've said the magic word 'campground'.

It's what the State doesn't want to turn their beaches or parking lots into therefore the enforcing of the rules.

Hooky wink.gif

LIBBA 521 - MSA 521 - ASC Go Atlantic!

My father just picked up a slide on with a slideout on it at the end of last season. He has been getting back into fishing like he used to and has really been enjoying. Now that he has a slide-on he cant even go down to the beach and fish over night or for the weekend, but all those families will be down there with their tents and S*** and not fishing, lines out with just weights at the end all sorts of BS but fisherman cant fish. Can He bring the Slide-on on the beach and just not slide out the slide-out? So all those 20 or so trucks that I always see at Demo will no longer be allowed to use their slide-ons? still a little confused.

View PostMy father just picked up a slide on with a slideout on it at the end of last season. He has been getting back into fishing like he used to and has really been enjoying. Now that he has a slide-on he cant even go down to the beach and fish over night or for the weekend, but all those families will be down there with their tents and S*** and not fishing, lines out with just weights at the end all sorts of BS but fisherman cant fish. Can He bring the Slide-on on the beach and just not slide out the slide-out? So all those 20 or so trucks that I always see at Demo will no longer be allowed to use their slide-ons? still a little confused.

Slide out is a wall that extends out from the campers wall . A Slide in is a camper that slides into the back of a pickup truck. At this point the state dose not want slide outs to be open in the lower lot of Montauk or the outer beach. After all we buy a fishing permit from the state not a camping permit. as for the tents , they were so we can use the portapotty . then people needed to get out of the sun that is why they were permitted for day time only . then we had to have barbeque's , slowly but surely it is looking like a camp ground. the state wishes to slow this down.to many people bending the rules.

Jud Fisher LIBBA 2nd VP

I have never seen a slide out on a slide in camper take up more room than a parking space. One big problem with the rule is that some people can't access the back of there camper unless the slide is extended out.

-Vice President - New York Coalition for Recreational Fishing