Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levari

Help - My wife is complaining about the bread in the Onion soup

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I master the art of Onion soup but my wife is complaining about the bread in it... Does anyone know which bread to use and how to prepare it? Please only experienced cook.....

View PostI master the art of Onion soup but my wife is complaining about the bread in it... Does anyone know which bread to use and how to prepare it? Please only experienced cook.....

You need a hearty bread, toasted till its really hard.. As mentioned, baguete is good. icon14.gif

Baguette, toasted as was said before, then a slice of Jarlsberg over the top of the crock and placed under the broiler til bubbly and browned.drool.gif

Pete

I tried bagutte last night using the toaster but I did not wait until it was hard enough. I will use the 400 degree tomorrow, let you know how it went, even post a picture, I use mozerella cheese. My wife was smiling when she saw the threadsmile.gif

you can just leave uneaten slices of baguette on the counter until it drys out hard as a rock and any normal human being would have tossed them out weeks ago. then futurewife rubs raw garlic on it and voile, crouton for soup. that's the way they do it in france anyway.

mozz is a sin too. grueyere or emmanthaler in a pinch. cwm13.gif

View Postmy wife is still complainingargue.gif , I got one more shot at it tomorrow....confused.gif

pfff!! if any of us knew how to solve that problem, we wouldn't be posting here.

srsly though, stale baguette is what they use in france.