Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Hey Clash Fans

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

It was supposed to be the "last Rock n' Roll record". Whatever that means. The original title for the record was The Last Testament". Elvis holding his guitar upward on his first album contrasted by Paul Simonon smashing his bass down was supposed to indicate the end of an era.

View PostIt was supposed to be the "last Rock n' Roll record". Whatever that means. The original title for the record was The Last Testament". Elvis holding his guitar upward on his first album contrasted by Paul Simonon smashing his bass down was supposed to indicate the end of an era.

It was, at least for the Clash....frown.gif....they were never the same after that album........

clapping.gif We owe more to the King than he get's credet for.

And the King owes more to Otis Blackwell than Otis got credit for....

Aside from Topper Headon's drug problem, that's arguable. They released Rock the Casbah and Sandinista. Sandinista was an excellent album. Unfortunately, as with most successful bands, they succumbed from an inability to get along. As Henry Rollins once said, "The Clash were the band U2 wanted to be".biggrin.gif

View PostIt was, at least for the Clash....frown.gif....they were never the same after that album........

View Post They released Rock the Casbah and Sandinista.

As I was saying......wink.gif....

Sorry, they were "hits", but not The Clash......by then they had sold out.......

Gime em enough rope clapping.gif

Joe Strummer said that when Paul Simonon smashed his bass in that pic, it was the best sound the band ever made. He also said that a band is only as good as its drummer. cwm40.gif

View PostGime em enough rope clapping.gif

Joe Strummer said that when Paul Simonon smashed his bass in that pic, it was the best sound the band ever made. He also said that a band is only as good as its drummer. cwm40.gif

He was right...

uote=Steve in Mass;5845531]As I was saying......wink.gif....

Sorry, they were "hits", but not The Clash......by then they had sold out.......

View PostI'm gonna go with SiM on this one...Sandinista doesn't measure up to London Calling.

Black Market Clash...icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

I have all of the Clash cd's, and while London Calling is their crowning triumph, I'm more a fan of their diversity. I like their reggea influences, their rockabilly influences, their rock influences, it spans their entire career. Agreed Casbah was more of a commercial album, Sandinista was, imo, a great album. Considering they were labled a punk band in the beginning, I think they were by far the most talented band to emerge from that genre. Basically what i'm saying is that I love their music from beginning to end.smile.gifhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge2laYIEMH0 ge2laYIEMH0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ng9uGizNtY 6ng9uGizNtY