Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
c4charlie

2009 NJ Surf Fishing Goals

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

So, what are your goals for this year. Here are mine

1. Catch a keeper weakfish (I have never caught one and have never targeted them)

2. Catch a keeper blackfish (caught all little ones last year in the inlet and it was probably the most fun I had because those fish are smart thieves and fun to bring up)

3. Catch a striper on a G2 Slim according to Gary's advice. Didn't happen last year but I feel like I didn't have some good confidence until the fall. This year should be fun.

4. Improve my jigging and bucktailing skills.

5. Catch a large striper 40"+ and release it. I love it when there is a crowd that practically jumps in the water when you do this. Almost better than catching the fish. There is no way I need to keep a fish that big, I like the 28-32" for eating. The big ones deserve to live!

6. Fish with a few more sharpies and make some new friends and build existing ones. This is such a great community and I am proud to be a part of it all!

Good Luck this year!

introduce 5 more people to the sport, and teach them to respect it as I do.

Learn the ways of the YAK!

Actually go swimming at the beach this year. Man its been sooooo long.

Finish my 2 inventions

Break the 30lb mark out back in the early spring. last year came real close quite a few times.

Oh yeah weakfish forgot about them last year.

The weakfish is possible if you put in plenty of nights during may. I got one in 06 or 07 that was 36". Beautiful fish

This year I want to make more time for some more night trips. I am really limited on my night fishing due to school & work.

looking to catch my first striper. never really targeted them specifically.

would also like to see my younger brother catch his first striper.

get better fishing gear so we can really target the stripers properly.

catch fluke over 14" which we couldn't do all last summer.

find spots where there isn't a ton of people trying to knock off and out of your spot cause you caught a fish.

meet and make friends with fellow fishing enthusiasts.

same as every year redface.gif , to get a 50+lb bass from the surf. Dont care if its on dead bait, live bait, or plug so long as its from the beach. We all know boat fish dont count tongue.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif . Ive gotten two over 45lbs (47 & 48lbs and change) and one of those cleared 50 inches but didnt make 50lbs. Maybe this is the year heart.gif .