Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tfisher

RM Smith fakes ?

10 posts in this topic

after a bluefish eats it, he's hungry again in an hour

kidding aside, if you own any RM Smith plugs, a knockoff would be pretty easy to spot, paint, hardware, tail wrap and nose loop is what I would be looking at.

Or you could feel free to contact me via pm, e-mail or phone anytime. I'm just a little guy - I've got time to answer any questions you may have and would always be glad to help.

Ryan

Wow, never even thought of that. They make copies of rolex watches for less then $50 . I would imagine counterfeiting a plug would be relatively easy. Now we have something else to look out for.

I really wouldn't worry too much about that. At least at this point I have not seen anything I couldn't easily identify in a picture. I just answered one of those questions for someone tonight. Its kind of like losing one of your kids in a crowd - pretty sure you'll be able to recognize them if anyone turns them up smile.gif

Lots of the instant bumper crop of plug builders make RM Smith lures, they just aren't built as well, don't swim as well, don't fish as well, aren't painted as well....and they call them something else HappyWave.gif Be suspicious of anyone that starts plug building, "invents" a new lure (an RM Smith) and starts selling them while there are no bass within three thousand miles to test them on redface.gif

TimS