Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cow tamer

Bass Kandy Delights vs. Sluggos

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

I 'm very familiar with the sluggo but I just came across the BKD and it caught my attention.

How does the BKD stack up against the sluggo?

Durability, castability, fish catching ability.

so many to choose...hurlys are cool...ronz tails did it for me last springheart.gif but the tiki wave shaddicks are amazing,,,and the tiki team gave me a t shirt at show so i will be buying moresmile.gif

Sluggo's are a very good rubber bait. They are a heavier rubber and are the best rubber bait for rigging.

BKD's and Wave Worms are both a similar softer material. Wave worms have the advantage of the salt impregnation and i know some guys that have caught some solid bass on the wave worms. However, the BKD's are great when fished on a leadhead, I think better than the wave worms in that respect. The wave worms I rig bass fishing style with a weighted worm hook threaded through and back into the worm.

You also forget Hogy's. Which are for me the best casting unweighted rubber. They are durable and give the most lifelike action. The doublewides are awesome too. Not to mention they come in 14" when you want to fish BIG. They also fish well on a leadhead.

Basically, at least for me. All four have their place and time. It's really about fishing it and finding where you use each product the most. So go to the SOL store and buy whatever Tim has. lolbeers.gif

Like Bass Kandy, like sluggos, LOVE HOGY DOUBLE WIDES.........

and

To add one more bait to Russ' post. While there is no place in Jersey carrying them now, they're a MA. based company, but if your going to Somerset take a look at the "Got Styper" line of rubber baits. I had the opportunity to fish the prototype and the production models are even better. They are a round, segmented, eel shaped bait and come in various sizes, easy to rig and the large 10" weighs in at around 3 ounces unweighted.

Just another option. I think once people are exposed to these they will stat being available.

View PostTo add one more bait to Russ' post. While there is no place in Jersey carrying them now, they're a MA. based company, but if your going to Somerset take a look at the "Got Styper" line of rubber baits. I had the opportunity to fish the prototype and the production models are even better. They are a round, segmented, eel shaped bait and come in various sizes, easy to rig and the large 10" weighs in at around 3 ounces unweighted.

Just another option. I think once people are exposed to these they will stat being available.

Saw some posts on them (Got Stryper?) Are they available anywhere besides show?

I usually fish sluggos more than any other brand. Mostly it's because they are available pretty much anyplace that sells fishing tackle. Durability sucks, but they are also cheaper than the other brands. Best rubber for durability, IMO, is Slik Willy. Not even sure if they are made anymore. Nice guy owns the company too.He gave one of my sons some stickers and a pack or two of tails, when we ran into him outside a shop on the Cape.

Valentine

"90 percent of the fish are caught by 10 percent of the fisherman", what do you think of this next quote?confused.gif

"90 percent of the fish are in 10 percent of the water"

View Posti fish tons of soft plastics, up until last year mostly sluggo's but i tried Wave Worms last season and thery are incredible!

Which bait from waveworms are you talking about? The big senko-like bait?

View PostSluggo's are a very good rubber bait. They are a heavier rubber and are the best rubber bait for rigging.

BKD's and Wave Worms are both a similar softer material. Wave worms have the advantage of the salt impregnation and i know some guys that have caught some solid bass on the wave worms. However, the BKD's are great when fished on a leadhead, I think better than the wave worms in that respect. The wave worms I rig bass fishing style with a weighted worm hook threaded through and back into the worm.

You also forget Hogy's. Which are for me the best casting unweighted rubber. They are durable and give the most lifelike action. The doublewides are awesome too. Not to mention they come in 14" when you want to fish BIG. They also fish well on a leadhead.

Basically, at least for me. All four have their place and time. It's really about fishing it and finding where you use each product the most. So go to the SOL store and buy whatever Tim has. lolbeers.gif

Good post Russ. Nice explaination there.

I am a big Hogy fan. The simple rigging, action and durability. Double wides cast awesome and have a killer profile for big fish.

I am not familiar with these Bass Kandy Delights. Are they new? Gonna google it right now.

Good Lucksmile.gif

View PostWhich bait from waveworms are you talking about? The big senko-like bait?

The one i use is called a Tiki shad...i love em.

I get too caught up in rubber baits...there is so much out there, everyone is pouring some variation i don't know what to try first anymore...plastics are the next wooden custom lures...thank God they are cheaper and don't catch as many fisherman.

I could get through fishing for as long as i live if all i had were white gotcha shads, sluggos, an saltwater assassins...it's nice to try other stuff though.