Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baddog23

reel id please

11 posts in this topic

hi folks, i was givin these reel a few years ago and was wondering about names an if any value. i was told the two round ones were remires( sorry for poor spelling) one was bailess an not to sure about the third no names or markings on it. thanks for any help you may have

View PostThe body in the first one is a bit different but the shape of the spool screams Ru Mer.

View PostI'm pretty sure the last one is a Japanese copy of a Mitchell 300

I agree with both of you guys ...

Did a serach in SOL and the int and will say as Sudsy mentioned before, the top reel is a Ru Mer. There is wording as shown in pics of the reel which would help if clearer or printed. The second I would say also is not a Ru Mer but deffinetly a Europeon reel (please check for any wording) and the third a possible knock off . Even though the Mitchell 300's came out in the 1950's they were not the first full or half bail reels. Mitchell had to wait till C.A.P and Pecos reel companys patent on the full bail system in1954 expired to get theirs for the 300(just thought I'd throw this in). biggrin.gif bubs

Agree W/ tandem ,Not a bad handle conversion. I collect ru mers, even have a few nib. I sometimes even fish em. I can probably hook you up w/ a correct handle unless the threads have been buggered to accept the wrong handle

The second one as Tandom mentioned appears to be a Ru-Mer known as the RU-Mer Recordett contrary to what I thought ealier (the different handle side bottoms threw me off)redface.gif It seems the value of used European reels if not new or NIB is little for some reason,If they work fishem. bubs