Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Vinegar is a Wonderful Thing......

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Have posted this a few years ago, but is worth repeating......

My microwave was very dirty inside (bordering on gross....redface.gif)....I only use it to re-heat leftovers, make popcorn, steam veggies, and sometimes melt butter, but it was strarting to get out of hand.

So I pulled the glass turntable and cleaned that in the sink.

Laid down a few sheets of quality paper towels (Viva is what I have currently) on the bottom of it, poured some white vinegar to wet them, and then nuked the towels 3 times in 30 second intervals.......

All the crud and grease wiped right off, and in less than 5 minutes, it is now sparkling clean....icon14.gif

I have been doing just about the same thing other than I pour a small amount into a container and Nuke it for a bout 5 minutes. Let it cool and then wipe.

I also use it to clear my gunked up shower drains. A few tablespoon of baking soda in the drain add some vinegar, repeat No more stinky shower drains.

Glad I remembered this thread.headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif The other day I did a beer can chicken in a glass pan. I've done this a lot no big deal in the clean up. Soak and the residue is gone. However this time I decided to pour about a 1/2 of bottle of red wine in the bottom of the pan. BIG MISTAKE. Pan was encrusted in red wine goo burnt to the bottom. I let it sit in hot water over night and the next day. It took some off but it still had 2/3 encrusted on the bottomcwm40.gifcwm40.gifPut white vinegar in the pan, place in a 350 oven for 1/2 hour turn off oven until cool and all the crud came off the bottom.