Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
primaz

You folks on the East Coast are so lucky, look at the crap we are faced with!

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=646741

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=648836

We grow lettuce and other things that require lots of continual water in the middle of CA that has the same weather as a desert so with water being an issue what is their answer lets kill off non native fish like the Stripers nobody will care.

View Posthttp://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=646741

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=648836

We grow lettuce and other things that require lots of continual water in the middle of CA that has the same weather as a desert so with water being an issue what is their answer lets kill off non native fish like the Stripers nobody will care.

Have had rain and snow the last few days and the snowpack is much enhanced so CA water situation might be improving a little.

View PostHave had rain and snow the last few days and the snowpack is much enhanced so CA water situation might be improving a little.

Doubt that, it could rain for the rest of the month strait and they will still say because of past shortages we are not up to were we need to be. They are already talking that BS now.

I hate to say it but, We (USA) could sell off California right now and I could care less. Might as well see if Mexico would give a good $$ for it. I still have a few 49 star flags hanging around!wink.gif

No one will buy CA unless you section out San Francisco. Wat too many nutjobs in that city. The city council is absolutely anti-American and psycho to boot.

Does any other country on earth turn a desert into a major agricultural center simply by rerouting water?

View PostNo one will buy CA unless you section out San Francisco. Wat too many nutjobs in that city. The city council is absolutely anti-American and psycho to boot.

Does any other country on earth turn a desert into a major agricultural center simply by rerouting water?

Americans are not the first people to move water around. You may recall the Romans built large aquaducts as did the people in the middle east. It always ends the same when you import water to desert regions, a salty mess and a collapse of civilization. Don't panic yet, we have a few good years ahead of us.

TRO

Sure cultures around the globe have done it for thousands of years. However a few years of drought in an already arid region can spell disaster. California has a long history of water use/rights disputes. Everybody wants more water for agriculture, enviro rehab projects and the list goes on.

If you redirect water it's not going to the same place it used tocwm40.gif . Unintended consequences pop up. Some of them very bad.cwm13.gif

Doubt that, it could rain for the rest of the month strait and they will still say because of past shortages we are not up to were we need to be. They are already talking that BS now.

]Looks like I was taken in by it.frown.gif

View PostAmericans are not the first people to move water around. You may recall the Romans built large aquaducts as did the people in the middle east.

TRO

Yeah and made the pipes of lead.......... The fall of the Roman Empire!

Fishagain, Sell San Fran to China! They would fit right in with the mind set!

View PostYeah and made the pipes of lead.......... The fall of the Roman Empire!

I work in water distribution. Apparently you people have no idea how much lead is in your very own water systems, especially the old stuff. As a matter of fact you really do not want to know. You would probably blow your stack and sue the entire world.

I would buy the whole San Fran area. From what I hear it is the best place to get Stripers on the wrong coast.

Oh I have torn out enough Lead house mains, Old copper w/ lead solder. and poured enough cast iron joints to know.

You would take San Fran just for the stripers?? The stripers are prolly the only sane things in San Fran! You might have a better conversation with a fish.

We have no salmon season for the last two years due to the low count that the fish and game listed, so now in between striper season all we have on the coast is perch and some rockfish.

I think we should charge an expensive cost to Southern CA and the Central Valley for sucking up all of the water from Northern CA and the snow melt. We can then use that for paying for raising more baby stripers and other fish to increase their population? Not only are we growing lettuce in a desert, Southern CA growth has a large amount of desert land which everyone there has to have a lawn and that is just as dumb and affecting our water and thus stripers.

It is still fun to fish here but it reminds me of bass fishing on a slow day where you a scratching to get them to bite, the only difference is that seems to happen too often.

I think we should look up these politicians here and flood them with letters, e-mails, faxes, phone calls so they know that there are fisherman whom are concerned. There are too many extreme environmentalist here; there can be a good balance like what you folks on the east coast have done with your fisheries.