Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SG1

my wetsuit shrunk!

14 posts in this topic

I dunno what happened, but back in December it fit perfectly. Now it's like trying to stuff 10 lbs of potatoes into a 5 lb bag. Oh well, I guess I put on a little extra floatation over the winter. Anyone else need to shed a few?? Time to get back on the water and burn some calories!!!

Gotta go, the brownies are done!

View PostAnyone else need to shed a few?? Time to get back on the water and burn some calories!!!

A few??????? cwm31.gif Hooooo Son!!!! I'm upgrading to an 18' center console pretty soon. beatin.gifmad.gif

View PostI dunno what happened, but back in December it fit perfectly. Now it's like trying to stuff 10 lbs of potatoes into a 5 lb bag. Oh well, I guess I put on a little extra floatation over the winter. Anyone else need to shed a few?? Time to get back on the water and burn some calories!!!

HAHA I hear ya brother... fyi they do tend to shrink a little when not used for a while and dry out completely. Once you put it on and get it wet it will stretch out fair amount. I go through the same thing every fall when I break mine out to surf.

I put on 11lbs.....stopped smoking since July and the winter....I think I may have to sell my Prowler 13 and buy the Trident. Just to carry the extra weight. cwm27.gif

View PostI dunno what happened, but back in December it fit perfectly. Now it's like trying to stuff 10 lbs of potatoes into a 5 lb bag. Oh well, I guess I put on a little extra floatation over the winter. Anyone else need to shed a few?? Time to get back on the water and burn some calories!!!

Go to a surf or dive shop and get a bottle of silicone wetsuit wash.Soak the suit all night in a tub with the wash. It will become more flexible and lubricated and the deoderizer is a plus. Never put a wetsuit away for the season without treating it in the wash.

View PostGo to a surf or dive shop and get a bottle of silicone wetsuit wash.Soak the suit all night in a tub with the wash. It will become more flexible and lubricated and the deoderizer is a plus. Never put a wetsuit away for the season without treating it in the wash.

Thanks barrell, good to know. I'll be sure to get some. So, does it make sense to do this throughout the season, or just at the end?

View PostThanks barrell, good to know. I'll be sure to get some. So, does it make sense to do this throughout the season, or just at the end?

I do all my surfing suits once before I put them away for the season but it doesnt do any harm to wash them more often. They will slip right on like a lubricated condom. They also last years longer as drying out is what kiils a suit. Never store a suit in sunlight. Like leaving laying over the porch railing for days at a time.

Gentlemen, admit it, life is good. Serving size does not mean "man sized".

Both of my kayaks have a payload of 450 lbs or more.pig2.gif I now buy my cloths in size "Husky Petite", XXL or XXXL. Recently I traded my wetsuit, size XXL, for size 5XL. We all KNOW that wetsuits are not sized like cloths. Consider getting a new wetsuit will stimulate the economy$beers.gif $$$$$$shaky.gif $$$$

Remember, in heaven there ain't no beer so I think I'll drink it here!!!