Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fatneck

Box O Pikies

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Heres a few Pikes, all successful swimming protos. Theres Basswood, ayc and awc. I messed around on weighting in hopes of getting a few to swim 3 or 4 ft down but they all instead make a racket on the surface when worked slow which is just fine with me... Took the brass eye idea from an old pikie I have which I believe is a Creek Chub.

And an A40 style which I'm calling a 38 cause the tail is a little short from the classic design.It's really a beast and moves a lot of water, cant wait to fish it for real...

A few new swimmers too. All are rattle cans and e-texed.

Heres a few Pikes, all successful swimming protos. Theres Basswood, ayc and awc. I messed around on weighting in hopes of getting a few to swim 3 or 4 ft down but they all instead make a racket on the surface when worked slow which is just fine with me...

I think if you can figure out how to raise the line tie loop more tward the center of the plug it will run deeper if you can also over come the boyancy of the amount of wood. Rember the tuneing of a plug you bend the loop up to get the plug to go deeper but the pikies the loop is in the bottom third of the plug. Not enough adjustment no matter how heavy you weight it until it sinks.

Thx for the compliments..

I tried some spanish cedar for a little more weight but I didn't like the action.. kinda sluggish.. these here swim like they got knifed in the fin.smile.gif I HO'ed em all too... that may be the reason none of them rolled out..

I think AYC with a slim profile will be the ticket with some more g's added to the belly to get em down a little further.. .. we shall see.. thx again.