Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blazin420

favorite way to rig bloods

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I like threading bloodworms onto the hook. As for the Gulp blood/sandworm. I haven't much success. When the water temps warm up Fishbites have produced more fish for me.

I think its a bit cold for gulp yet, however if you are going to be staying put, try chumming with a big bag of clams. Then maybe they will come and take the gulp. I still would go live. Of course this wont work at your favorite 'sandbox' wink.gif and will work better for the RB.

thanx fellas.... i no ship dont plan on playin in my favorite sandbox for at least another month or 2 gonna focus more north this year hittin up RB on sunday just for somethin to do.....some crazy guy on the beach this past fall suggested that i focus more N i plan on takin his advice this season he was scary!!!!wink.gifcwm27.gif ...anybody have live in that area?

i like to snell 2 gamakatsu hooks together about 2 to 3 inches apart... putting a few worms on at a time.. (larger profile) I never use artificials.. i dont want to foolum... Just feedum...

There are a few for good live bait. My pal Sifisto, recommends Fred's on 35 or Crabby's in Keyport.

I am not much for worms, I get em, but I cant sit still. This year I am gonna try them from the boat. Whomever that madman was who told you to go up there would also tell you to look at the days coming up and see if any warmer temps coinciding with an afternoon low tide make the wheels turn in your head.

I hate bloods, well only because of the price. I like to put a smorgasborg on the hook, so one hook of worms costing about 5-6$, no thanks, there's other options that produce just as well, if not better for a fraction of the cost.

View PostThere are a few for good live bait. My pal Sifisto, recommends Fred's on 35 or Crabby's in Keyport.

I am not much for worms, I get em, but I cant sit still. This year I am gonna try them from the boat. Whomever that madman was who told you to go up there would also tell you to look at the days coming up and see if any warmer temps coinciding with an afternoon low tide make the wheels turn in your head.

I agree Freds is a great store and he has lots of different stuff their. The owner always gives me that great smile and conversates with me when I walk in and makes me feel welcome into his store. Their is another store off 35 American Pride Bait and Tackle in Perth Amboy but i don't know if he is open right now.

View PostI like threading bloodworms onto the hook. As for the Gulp blood/sandworm. I haven't much success. When the water temps warm up Fishbites have produced more fish for me.

Has anyone had success with the coldwater (fast acting) Fishbites? I like the regular product for Kingfish but it's only effective when it gets warmer. I tried the cold water Fishbites a few times with no success. At the time, however, bloods weren't working either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

EC