Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
optimist

Minn Kota Riptide Trolling Motor for sale

14 posts in this topic

For sale is a Minn Kota Riptide saltwater series RT40/S electric trolling motor with 40 lbs of thrust, 5 forward and 3 reverse speeds. It is a transom mount with tiller steering. It has battery clips as well as terminals ( ? ) , in case your boat has a prewired junction box. It runs on a 12 V battery.

This motor was bought new by me some time back to use on my Duckboat, when I had the bright idea to convert the duckboat to a bassboat so I could use it during the summer. I never figured out how to easily install bass boat seats, and the project never went any further. As a result, the motor was never used and is brand new. The duckboat was sold last year, so I have no ongoing need for the motor.

This is a heavy duty trolling motor built and wired for saltwater use . We all know what saltwater does to electrical things, and Minn Kota designed this series with special sealing of all wires and controls. I was planning on using it for freshwater, and wanted something heavy duty for long term use.

This motor sells for $300 new ; I will sell for $ 190 picked up in RI . It's probably too heavy to ship effectively, but if someone wanted to pay extra for shipping, I suppose it could be done.

View PostI am actually looking for a motor just like this... but I'm in NJ. Any idea what it'd run to ship the motor to 07747?

thanks

Ant

I was just looking in the basement, and found an empty box that might be perfect for fitting it in. I would have to unscrew the top part ( tiller ) from the shaft, since the tiller and motor normally face opposite each other , and would not fit in the box, but that looks easy enough to do. Looks like there is just 1 screw that tightens the tiller to the shaft. To assemble the motor, it obviously was separate to begin with.

Just guessing, I would say $ 25 to $ 30 to ship. If that ballpark is OK, I could bring the measurements of the box and weight to the post office tomorow to get an actual cost. Let me know if this cost is acceptable- I would adjust price up or down to reflect actual cost so you are paying only what it would cost me.

Steve

Steve- go to the USPS site and look for the priority shipping tab.... it will give you the exact price based on the dimensions you have- save yerself a trip (and you can do it now.......)

Bobber is a smart man ! Went to USPS site, and it would appear I can mail it insured to NJ for about $ 23 . Cheaper than I thought. There was an asterisk saying there may be a surchage because of the length , but I put in the exact dimensions so it may be already included.

Total cost delivered would be $ 213. If the surcharge is a few bucks on top of that, I will absorb that.

Let me know ; I'm going on vacation on Wed for a week, but could take care of everything Monday or Tuesday if you can get a MO to me .

Steve

I need to get more than that for the motor; I do have a trade on the table worth much more than that, but I would prefer $ to a trade at this point. I would go for $ 175 picked up .

Steve

I'm guessing 6 years since purchase. It's been sitting in the garage ever since, unused.

If you add in a couple plugs to your previous offer , (a couple of white or yellow Pencil Poppers or bottle plugs ), I would take your offer. Or 1 Beacmaster junior or Danny.

Steve

View PostI'll take it - shoot me a PM with the address to send bank check/MO

Thanks,

Les

Sold to Flatbow . I will pm with info. I am currently on a 1 week vacation in sunny Florida, but will be back next week.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0