Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Night Moves

Looking For Rod Builder (Lowell, Ma Area) or Further

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I have a few different rods in mind, but would want to talk to a builder about it so he/she knows exactly what I want. Lowell area is where I live, but would be willing to travel if reasonable.

I'd recommend CMS too. Great company and super supplier of custom rods. They guaranty their work and most of the charter captains I know have work done there.

Armand

I know that surfland does build rods but when I asked the price was 2X a normal price....I was not going to pay 450-500$ for a custom 1204kooky.gif

Take a ride to CMS and buy a custom rod off the rack.

View PostI know that surfland does build rods but when I asked the price was 2X a normal price....I was not going to pay 450-500$ for a custom 1204kooky.gif

Take a ride to CMS and buy a custom rod off the rack.

That wouldn't be custom 40.gif That is still a factory rod, it just comes from a smaller factory. LOL $400-500 for a TRUELY custom 1204 is fair market price considering the cost of components and the amout of time spent planning and building.

Most people have no problem paying $1500 for a new tile floor in their kitchen right? The guy does 3 hours work and spends a few bills on supplies, but a custom rod builder could spend days working on your rod and a a few hundred in components, but it's ok he doesn't turn a profit right? Why should he get my money "it's only a fishing rod". LOL