Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cabo2005

MI Salmon

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Long time ago on the PM located on the west side of Michigan I landed this one. Biggest one as far as I know that I caught there. Birch Hole was one of the great pools on this river that eventually filled in due to a tree falling and creating a great place for debris to collect. I fortunate to be there on a fall morning with no else around. Also lucky a gentleman came along and watched the final minutes of the fight, netted the fish and took the shot.

Cabo

Prior to the marriage thing, I used to trek up north usually between 10 or 12 weekends beginning Labor Day thru mid November. All the Salmon you could catch and Steelhead at the end.

Cabo

I fly fished the fall run on the P.M. in "07 and we had a ball, best fish were caught at night and we were the only ones on the water! The spring Steelhead fishing is truly rewarding as well, these are wild fish and they are a little tricky to catch but come un-glued when you set the hook.

JA

Fished out there on the PM last October. Caught lots of salmon and a trout or two. Night fishing was insane. Last night there had over 30 salmon landed, biggest around 25 or so.

We used to have a great time there. My buddies would bring up the campers and set them up at Ivans for the season. Here are some more shots of not so serious fishing on the PM.

Cabo