Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ObxFish

Ruger 10 22 question

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

View PostJust bought a Ruger 10 22 today. Has anyone had experience with the aftermarket 25 or 50 round mags? Wondering if they feed well or jam.

Hit or miss. Some are good, I just have a bunch of 10 rd'ers. Rather have 10 rd's feed flawlessly then dink around with jams.

View PostJust bought a Ruger 10 22 today. Has anyone had experience with the aftermarket 25 or 50 round mags? Wondering if they feed well or jam.

I have an older 30 round plastic Ramline.

It jams sometimes.

It seems that the follower is hanging up and not rising as ammo is fired.

I can't take it apart w/o destroying it.

So I use it when I'm in the mood to burn 500-1000 rounds in an afternoon.

For hunting pests I stick w/ the reliable OEM 10 round rotary mags.

I bought four 25 round magazines that I think are labeled "Hot Lips" brand before they went "illegal" years ago. Never had any isues with them not working properly. Maybe I was just lucky with the particular ones I bought, but four out of four is very high odds.

View PostI bought four 25 round magazines that I think are labeled "Hot Lips" brand before they went "illegal" years ago. Never had any isues with them not working properly. Maybe I was just lucky with the particular ones I bought, but four out of four is very high odds.

Lucky YOU.

I have some Eaton Supply 25 round clips and used to fire 1000 rounds a day and don't remember any jam-ups. I also have some 50 round A.M.T. Sanford Drum Magazines that used to jamb up. At times I used to fire the gun so fast the other people there thought I was firing a fully auto machine gun.

I would have to stop to clean and oil the gun to keep that from jamming though.

The springs in the 30-round Ramlines get weak and fail after a while. When that happens, the first 20 rounds or so feed okay, but starts to jam after that. It progressively gets worse over time as the spring tension is lost.

Can't beat the stock 10-round magazines. Just make sure you got that bionic thumb when shooting more than 100 rounds or so...

I have an older (25-30 yrs) model Ruger10/22. The banana clips I had for it at the time never gave me a problem. Unfortunately they were destroyed during the ban. Wish I still had them.

View PostI have an older (25-30 yrs) model Ruger10/22. The banana clips I had for it at the time never gave me a problem. Unfortunately they were destroyed during the ban. Wish I still had them.

Bought my first 10-22, a blue one brand new for $80.00!

Back in the late 70s.

Have the stainless target model now.

I'd like to see Ruger offer their 16 1/2 " barreled Compact in stainless w/ a syn. stock.

You can't beat a 10-22.

Good shooting.

LICHUM.

View PostBought my first 10-22, a blue one brand new for $80.00!

Back in the late 70s.

Have the stainless target model now.

I'd like to see Ruger offer their 16 1/2 " barreled Compact in stainless w/ a syn. stock.

You can't beat a 10-22.

Good shooting.

LICHUM.

I have the AMT Lightning 25/22 which is a Ruger 10/22 clone made of stainless with folding stainless wire stock and synthetic stock.

amt25-22sm.jpg

amt-lightning-rifle-manual.jpg

My Butler Creek Steel Lips 25-rounders work well, except for the occasional fail-to-extracts, which is due to the 10/22 rather than the mags. As a bonus, the Butler Creek 10/22 mag loader works for the 25-rounders, so no need for bionic thumbs wink.gif Dump in a box of ammo, give it a few cranks, and you get a fully loaded mag, ready to roll! biggrin.gif

View PostMy Butler Creek Steel Lips 25-rounders work well, except for the occasional fail-to-extracts, which is due to the 10/22 rather than the mags. As a bonus, the Butler Creek 10/22 mag loader works for the 25-rounders, so no need for bionic thumbs wink.gif Dump in a box of ammo, give it a few cranks, and you get a fully loaded mag, ready to roll! biggrin.gif

Burnin' ammo.

biggrin.gifclapping.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks for the replies, I ordered a couple of 25 round magazines from Cabelas with my Cabelas points and will see how they do. I'm looking at a Ruger Mini 14 in stainless now. Anyone have one and any thoughts on it?

View PostThanks for the replies, I ordered a couple of 25 round magazines from Cabelas with my Cabelas points and will see how they do. I'm looking at a Ruger Mini 14 in stainless now. Anyone have one and any thoughts on it?

Finding good quality magazines is the main problem,Ruger mags are the best.