Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddy

The new McCarthyism

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19596.html

Top Democrats believe they have struck political gold by depicting Rush Limbaugh as the new face of the Republican Party, a full-scale effort first hatched by some of the most familiar names in politics and now being guided in part from inside the White House.

The strategy took shape after Democratic strategists Stanley Greenberg and James Carville included Limbaugh's name in an October poll and learned their longtime tormentor was deeply unpopular with many Americans, especially younger voters. Then the conservative talk-radio host emerged as an unapologetic critic of Barack Obama shortly before his inauguration, when even many Republicans were showering him with praise.

Soon it clicked: Democrats realized they could roll out a new GOP bogeyman for the post-Bush era by turning to an old one in Limbaugh, a polarizing figure since he rose to prominence in the 1990s.

so Rush is demanding one on ones with the President,

and giving half hour state of the Union addresses on Fox,

but it's Democratic McCathyism for the Dems to recognize him as the head of the GOP?

the GOP victimization disorder is reaching new heights,

you are now creating victims of people who have suffered nothing.

FnM - please keep the teams straight. He is NOT the head of the GOP.

He is the most feared leader of the Conservative Movement.

Thank you very much!

He is getting face time on several shows thanks to the tactics of several connected democrate activists and their bag boys and girls of the liberal media.

Rush is a big boy and he ccan handle the attacks "with one hand tied behind his back!" biggrin.gif

Remember what he did to Sen. "Dirty" Harry Reid when he attacked Rush in 2007. It resulted in a 2 million dollar gift to a Marine Corps Charity and an apology from a "Dusty"Harry Reid.

"The new Mc Carthyism" fits the attacks like a glove. And that is a beautiful thing.

Next!

A return to the good old days with a White House enemies list. Such irony from the team of the candidate who promised 'change'. cwm13.gif

Interesting that the SOL parrots have anointed Rush. How do you get on Emanuel's talking points list?

I still dont get why anyone would care much about an entertainer. I think it sounds silly to call him the leader of a political party because he isnt a politician.

I know he is listened to alot, but so is Lettermen, Leno, Oreily, Hannity, Mathews...

View PostI still dont get why anyone would care much about an entertainer. I think it sounds silly to call him the leader of a political party because he isnt a politician.

I know he is listened to alot, but so is Lettermen, Leno, Oreily, Hannity, Mathews...

Exactly!

But think about it Cant,

Who is calling him a leader of the Republican Party? Who is anointing him this title?

It's all in OP's post.

Obama's team even admitted it. Doesn't get much clearer than that.

Keep the division, main objective. Sad part is that there really are no lightning rods on the Republican's side for the Dems to exploit and polarize. They have no central leader to focus on, not like the Newt days.

So they grabbed what they could, a talking head that has a following.

Really sad when you think about it. The objective is to keep us arguing about things other than policy and not scrutinize what is going on. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

But I think this one will bite them back.

I just don't get how it's an attack,

how it's McCarthyism,

to identify someone in the manner they describe himself,

and evidenlty a lot of self describe conservatives are backing Rush.

In typical GOP fashion there is a desire to be a victim,

where none exist in reality.

This is not McCarthyism. It is a clever ploy more comparable with the Nixon Administration. Certainly newsworthy and well timed to distract attention from a President who appears to be in the early parts of a steep learning curve.

Nice work from the relics of the old Clinton team, Begala and Carville. Change? The hell with that. Suckers. cwm27.gif

View PostI just don't get how it's an attack,

how it's McCarthyism,

to identify someone in the manner they describe himself,

and evidenlty a lot of self describe conservatives are backing Rush.

In typical GOP fashion there is a desire to be a victim,

where none exist in reality.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif