Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silent scott

take and teach a kid to fish

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

1. its so herd to be silent these days .i was at tackle shop a few days a go and these kid ask some thing about fishing plugs. but, the person he ask wouldn't give him the time of day. so im, not happy . i would like to see some of you to try and take the time to help kids learn . take a kid fishing . teach them a knote. 5min. to help a kid learn are sport. rember ,its there planet now so teach them . i'm hopping to give out some plugs to kids i run into these year and tell them how to use them . only if it's ok with there partent . lets have fun and help out the kids .biggrin.gif k.c. wants to teach a friend to fish and asked. it makes me feel go to see a 8 year old trying to help orthere's. so what are you welling to try to do to help?

I appreciate the idea of the post, but almost (but not quite) take offense to it. Why? because I always help people out (kids or not). I've gone to Wall-Smarts to get something and spent an hour showing someone how to match a rod, reel, line, and lures for the fish they want to catch. It's not rocket science, it's just something they don't know (yet).smile.gif

A lot of the folks here do a lot to educate others. It's a great group of fishermen/women.clapping.gif

Like I said before, I appreciate the idea of the post. The more kids/people are interested in fishing or the outdoors the harder they will fight to protect it.wink.gif

BTW what's your joke (dues for membership here).biggrin.gif

View PostI'm willing to teach you how to use your spellcheck biggrin.gif

It's either that or KC is pretending to be Scott and hitting us all up for plugs.

You know I taught the kid well in the art of the HO.wink.gif

I hear ya Scott. I know how important it is for the young ones to get involved in positive activities, especially this thing we do. As for the ones that don't help the young folk, shame on them. Some forget that once they were kids.

smile.gif

View Post

1. its so herd to be silent these days .i was at tackle shop a few days a go and these kid ask some thing about fishing plugs. but, the person he ask wouldn't give him the time of day. so im, not happy . i would like to see some of you to try and take the time to help kids learn . take a kid fishing . teach them a knote. 5min. to help a kid learn are sport. rember ,its there planet now so teach them . i'm hopping to give out some plugs to kids i run into these year and tell them how to use them . only if it's ok with there partent . lets have fun and help out the kids .biggrin.gif k.c. wants to teach a friend to fish and asked. it makes me feel go to see a 8 year old trying to help orthere's. so what are you welling to try to do to help?

(Whew! Has anyone seen my Captain Midnight Decoder Ring around anywhere? icon25.gif)

Welcome to the site Silent! I can tell you're sincere and passionate about the sport we all love. clapping.gif

And it never gets old. I like going fishing with friends etc, but when it comes to my kids and their friends, there just isn't much that beats it...plus THEY BUY THE BEER!!!cwm27.gif

View Post(Whew! Has anyone seen my Captain Midnight Decoder Ring around anywhere? icon25.gif)

Welcome to the site Silent! I can tell you're sincere and passionate about the sport we all love. clapping.gif

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

If you need a decoder ring your 1 in a million biggrin.gif