Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
perfectperch1

how do i make a buck tail jig?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I did a thread on how to tie up bucktails in the lure building forum about 6 years ago. A search there should bring it up. Same method whether you tie a 1/24 oz or a 5 oz. Like one of the other guys suggested, buy some unpainted lead heads and paint/tie the tails yourself. If you really want to get into it after that, consider molds and all the rest of the stuff.

Jigman

View PostI did a thread on how to tie up bucktails in the lure building forum about 6 years ago. A search there should bring it up. Same method whether you tie a 1/24 oz or a 5 oz. Like one of the other guys suggested, buy some unpainted lead heads and paint/tie the tails yourself. If you really want to get into it after that, consider molds and all the rest of the stuff.

Jigman

Again! Buy a Bucktail ( Dear Tail ) $3.00 min. 1 color, Paint,1 bottle $2.00 Min.,Thread,Kevalar $ 3.00 min A Spool, Glue,( Zap a Gap. $ 3.95 + Jig Heads. Go buy some!

I'm slowly getting into making bucktail jigs. It took a lot of time and cost a small fortune getting started. Just the licences to bow hunt deer out of state for the tails cost me $100 last fall, and only got 2 tails out of it...